My Englander journey

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuigi

Jan 24, 2010
North East PA
My December oil bill was $350.00 and my January oil bill was $305.00. That was when I decided to burn wood. I bought an Englander 13 nc and installed it after my January oil bill. I bought a cord of seasoned wood for $160.00 and set my oil thermostat for 63 degrees for the nights when the stove goes to coal. Long story short, I was very happy with the way things were going but felt that the 13 was a bit small for my ole stone home. A week ago, I got a great deal on a 30NC and put that big boy in. Wow, what a difference between the 2 stoves. I can get really long burns on the 30 as the box is nearly twice the size of the 13. I can even burn NS without any issues at all. Now for the best part. With 3 weeks of burning with the 13 and one week with the 30, I still have a couple of wheel barrels full of firewood left and the oil man just left me my February oil bill. $35.00. YES $35.00
WOOOOHOOOO

stuigi said:
My December oil bill was $350.00 and my January oil bill was $305.00. That was when I decided to burn wood. I bought an Englander 13 nc and installed it after my January oil bill. I bought a cord of seasoned wood for $160.00 and set my oil thermostat for 63 degrees for the nights when the stove goes to coal. Long story short, I was very happy with the way things were going but felt that the 13 was a bit small for my ole stone home. A week ago, I got a great deal on a 30NC and put that big boy in. Wow, what a difference between the 2 stoves. I can get really long burns on the 30 as the box is nearly twice the size of the 13. I can even burn NS without any issues at all. Now for the best part. With 3 weeks of burning with the 13 and one week with the 30, I still have a couple of wheel barrels full of firewood left and the oil man just left me my February oil bill. $35.00. YES $35.00
WOOOOHOOOO

the 30NC sure does put out the heat.

my house was a foreclosure so i never got to talk to the previous owners but my neighbor said that the previous owners would go though about 1200 gallons of oil during the winter. Perhaps that's why they could not afford to live in the house i don't know. I installed my stove in early December and have not used a 1/4 tank since. We went though 250 gallons before the installation of the stove.

Similiar story here. Our January elective heat bill was 350$ (with the house never breaking 65) so we decided to get a wood stove so we could actually be warm and save some $$ the electric bill I just got was only 200 and that was only with 1 week of using the stove! And we are toasty warm now. Next months electric bill should be nill.

Status
Not open for further replies.