My experience with Chimney Liner Depot (CLD)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiner

Hearth Supporter
Aug 22, 2008
Maryland
Just thought i would share my experience with CLD.

I ordered a Flame 1.9 XTD insert about a week ago. It was delivered to my house about 4 days later. After a few minutes I realized that they had sent me the incorrect stove. It was the next size down, the 1.5 XTD. It was mislabeled.

I proceeded to call CLD to tell them about the issue. I was told that there must have been a mistake in the warehouse, and was apologized to. He then checked to see if any 19. XTD models were available, they were not. So, he offered to upgrade me to the Napoleon 1402 and ship it out right away. The 1402 is about $400 more expensive than the 1.9 XTD. This really blew my mind. The 1402 was deliver next day (today).

I just have to say that I am really satisfied with my experience with CLD. They resolved the issue and made the customer very very satisfied. I know I will continue to do business with them in the future.

Now on to the install!

Jim

Glad to see decent service still exists. Looking at what they charge for the XTD and what other places charge for the 1402, however, they aren't losing any money in the deal. (Napoleon seems to be about the most available brand on the internet, and thus can be had with pretty slim margins.)

DiscoInferno said:
Glad to see decent service still exists. Looking at what they charge for the XTD and what other places charge for the 1402, however, they aren't losing any money in the deal. (Napoleon seems to be about the most available brand on the internet, and thus can be had with pretty slim margins.)

Do you think that $2200 for the 1402 is a lot? That price includes a chimney liner too. They also had to pay for all the shipping of the old and new stove, including the $125 lift gate service. I think they lost money on this transaction, I could be wrong.

Jim

I didn't notice the liner kit was included, that makes it more reasonable. I've seen the 1402 w/ basic door for about $1700, shipping included. It's possible the freight cost them most of their profit, I was mainly commenting that their 1402 price looked to be inflated enough that they could afford the gesture of upgrading you.

The Flame XTD 1.5 insert is going in this weekend (hopefully), waiting on a part to come in tomorrow. George at CLD was real easy to work with and I would recommend them anyday.

I was going to stick with rebuilding my Cat insert but for $800 bucks for that 1.5 I will go to secondary tubes instead :)

I see their is a lack of reviews of them on the site so I guess I will be the beta tester :)

mellow said:
The Flame XTD 1.5 insert is going in this weekend (hopefully), waiting on a part to come in tomorrow. George at CLD was real easy to work with and I would recommend them anyday.

I was going to stick with rebuilding my Cat insert but for $800 bucks for that 1.5 I will go to secondary tubes instead :)

I see their is a lack of reviews of them on the site so I guess I will be the beta tester :)

Good luck with the install.

Was everything in order when you got into the packaging?

mellow said:
Looks to be, it is still in the crate, I just pulled the plastic off and opened up the door to get the papers out. Still gotta get my reciept from George.

If he sent it via email, check your spam folder. That's what Gmail did with his email receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.