My Fall Scrounge for 2013/2014 may be over (Updated: back at it again!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OCD.. na, it's just the weather here in New England that feels like fall cutting weather. Back at it with five loads to make up what I think will be about a cord to complete the 2013/2014 four cord total.

The state forest is loaded with downed trees so I revisted and had to venture into the woods a little further that a few weeks back. Lot's of good stuff either leaning or down from the past storms equals some serious BTU. All red and white oak.

The only thing left to do this weekend is split and throw in the stack. Cheers!

Attachments

• trees down.jpg
    trees down.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 204
  • tree down.jpg
    tree down.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 202
  • loaded.jpg
    loaded.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 198
Ready to buck and ready to split...

Attachments

• ready to buck.jpg
    ready to buck.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 222
  • ready to split.jpg
    ready to split.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 213
Split the remaining rounds over the weekend and added it to the pile. Call it Mt Wood! Once it snows on this mound, I'm thinking of climbing it with the Polaris Edge. ;-)

Attachments

• wood pile on 12192011.jpg
    wood pile on 12192011.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 189
We will be waiting for those pictures of you climbing Mt Wood.

stejus said:
Split the remaining rounds over the weekend and added it to the pile. Call it Mt Wood! Once it snows on this mound, I'm thinking of climbing it with the Polaris Edge. ;-)

I might be pooped at the end of the day just from tossing the splits up that mountain! Cheers!

stejus said:
Call it Mt Wood!

So many advantages. Less space and you don't have to worry about it toppling. Nicely done.

Nice mountain of wood!

Round here you'd probably need planning permission to build something that large...... ;-)

woodchip said:
Nice mountain of wood!

Round here you'd probably need planning permission to build something that large...... ;-)

Too funny... round here you need to pull permits on building permanant structures (i.e. decks, sheds, pools...). Seeing this pile is disapearing as we speak, it will shrink over the winter and be gone when spring arrives. << Just in time to bring more in :)

stejus said:
<< Just in time to bring more in :)

lol, scary how much we all think alike. I was thinking the same thing this weekend as I just about finished my pile clean out. With the way the weather is going, I may try winter scrounging.

Attachments

• 082711 heap.jpg
    082711 heap.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 122011 heap.jpg
    122011 heap.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 123
SolarAndWood said:
stejus said:
<< Just in time to bring more in :)

lol, scary how much we all think alike. I was thinking the same thing this weekend as I just about finished my pile clean out. With the way the weather is going, I may try winter scrounging.

I totally agree.. I was thinking with Winter weather on the horizon I would never get a chance to stack this wood in the stack area. I've already stacked 1.3 cords from this mound. Here we are close to the first day of Winter and it's going to be 50 degrees. Last year the day after Christmas we began the Snow parade which didn't stop until late Feb. The work will continue as long as the snow holds off. Either way, I'm ahead of schedule!

Status
Not open for further replies.