"My family likes to STACK FIREWOOD in the fall"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickbitty

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
VA
Had to come in and brag. My little one's kindergarten class had an assignment to decorate a picture of a tree to look like falling leaves, and to fill in blanks that said "My family likes to _____ in the fall." She put "stack firewood" and drew pictures of the family with the wood, under the tree. I loved it, but loved it even more when I picked her up today and saw hers up there next to 22 others that ALL said something about "playing/jumping in the leaves"
That's my girl. :)

tickbitty said:
Had to come in and brag. My little one's kindergarten class had an assignment to decorate a picture of a tree to look like falling leaves, and to fill in blanks that said "My family likes to _____ in the fall." She put "stack firewood" and drew pictures of the family with the wood, under the tree. I loved it, but loved it even more when I picked her up today and saw hers up there next to 22 others that ALL said something about "playing/jumping in the leaves"
That's my girl. :)

Raising right!!

Priceless,,,,,just priceless,,,.make sure you save the picture...

Gotta be so proud when they are a branch off the ole tree. Heres to having great kids. :cheese:

Can't beat their honesty
Work is fun, she'll do well :)

Originally I expected the subject line to be followed by '.......and burn it in the winter'.
Imagine that picture.....all black from the smoke!

Building memories there. Stacking wood is one of my son's favorite chores. No complaints.

I love it . . .

Great one for sure.

I love stacking with my kids - first year my kids really got into stacking - always asking to stack with me - a lot of fun (just had to let go of my anal stacking nature and let the stacks look a little sloppy - they have to learn!) - sounds like a good day for you! Cheers!

Nice! You should be proud.
The great thing about heating with wood is the whole family can get involved, and consequently they end up appreciating the heat more. Heating with natural gas or electric just doesn't have that same family participation or togetherness.

I didn't get back into wood heating until my boys were in their teens, but they do the majority of splitting and stacking now. Once they start driving and learn to use the chainsaw the day will come when I may no longer be an integral part of the proccess. Kind of looking forward to it. :p

Here's by boys

Carbon_Liberator said:
Nice! You should be proud.
The great thing about heating with wood is the whole family can get involved, and consequently they end up appreciating the heat more. Heating with natural gas or electric just doesn't have that same family participation or togetherness.

I didn't get back into wood heating until my boys were in their teens, but they do the majority of splitting and stacking now. Once they start driving and learn to use the chainsaw the day will come when I may longer be an integral part of the proccess. Kind of looking forward to it. :p

Here's by boys

nice. it was like a dance.
the boys looked relaxed and purposeful.

i know my stepson (17) was a bit resistent to the work at first, but now he sure loves to sit in front of the fire and do his homework. and its with wood that HE split and stacked and carried to the woodbox. kids need to particpate in their own survival and comfort...hell so do ADULTS.

OT

Wow, very good to hear gentlemen. My daughter and I have a great routine. She picks up the pieces and hands em to me to stack so I don't have to repeatedly bend over and kill my back. My son is usually running the splitter. This is our first year so I did the stacking as the first time they tried, it was a disaster and had to be torn down and re-stacked.

CL!! I just saw the Firewood Boogie! That's SO cool. I love it. Your little guy with the three log system, and your big guy stacking in your OCD awesome woodsheds! So great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.