1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

My Fireview is finally here!!!!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by mattjm1017, Dec 6, 2012.

1. mattjm1017

mattjm1017 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    I just got my Fireview home!! Its been down the road at the local feed and seed since Monday but they lost my number and I just found out no problem its here Im excited!! The only downside is it has to stay in the trailer until Saturday since Im not the hulk and cant get any help until then. I would like to thank everybody on this site that has helped me get to this point yall have been a huge help. I cant wait until Saturday morning to get this installed and start a fire in it even though its supposed to be 70* I'll open the windows!!:)

2012-12-06_15-04-12_324.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Looks familiar Matt. Congratulations. This is what we used to move our stove:

Furniture dolly.jpg
    It made the move really easy. Used some 2 x 10's for going up onto the porch and in the house. We did not take the crate apart until it was right at the hearth. I think this saved a lot of work doing it this way.
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  3. mattjm1017

Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    Thanks savage I got one of those form work today as per your suggestion to another person in another thread. ( yes I have been stalking fireview owners in here for months )
  4. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    That's okay Matt. Stalk away. When we make suggestions it is to all. Many times we find out much later that someone has read something and it has helped them. This is the reason I am on this forum. When I can no longer help, I'll be gone.
    tfdchief, mattjm1017 and gregbesia like this.
  5. etiger2007

etiger2007 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Clio Michigan
    Open it up already and post some pics
    Todd 2 and mattjm1017 like this.
  6. gmule

gmule Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Conifer Colorado
    Can't wait to see it
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  7. charger4406

charger4406 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    southern Quebec
    congrats! I'll bet you will find saturday slow in coming;lol
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  8. Blue2ndaries

Blue2ndaries Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oregon
    Wow! ANOTHER new Woodstock soapstone stove on this forum...that's like 3 or 4 in the past 2 days here. Congrats and enjoy! Post pics please. I love seeing these b/c I think they are like fine pieces of furniture or antiques that really add decor and ambiance to a room not to mention heat!
  9. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    No problem with the warm weather because you'll want the windows open anyway.Just do your breakin fires as per instructions.Don't wanna crack that stone and pay for shipping it back.Boy will you be happy with that stove.Pic's as soon as possible.Oh, Merry Christmas to ya.I know you're feeling like a kid on Christmas morn right now.So did we.;)
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  10. gmule

gmule Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Conifer Colorado
    I may be biased but the Fireview is one of the best stoves out there.
  11. Blue2ndaries

Blue2ndaries Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Oregon
    I think a Woodstock will be on the shortlist when I get done finishing out the bonus room.
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  12. mattjm1017

Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    This stove is my Christmas present for my wife and I!! I cant wait until Saturday to it in the house and uncrated
  13. charly

charly Guest

Just to let you know ahead of time,,,, my Fireview smelled until I had about 6 fires in it.. but boy,,,,,,, it's all good now! The stove has "two" coats of paint and along with the furnace cement curing,,, all those stone seams have cement,,, I believe that's what took a long time to cure and smelled. Your going to be amazed at the ease of running the stove,,,,,soooooooo nice! Go easy moving her, don't break those legs.
  14. Todd 2

Todd 2 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I think that will be one of the most liked Christmas gifts your wife & you will enjoy for along time to come.
    Merry Christmas & enjoy Todd 2
  15. ddddddden

ddddddden Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Va
    +1

You are smart to wait for help. Even the Hulk can use a spotter.!!!

Congrats!:)
    Backwoods Savage and mattjm1017 like this.
  16. mattjm1017

Loc:
    Corapeake NC

Now you have me worrying how fragile are those legs? They have to be pretty beefy to hold up almost 500lbs.
  17. HomeBruin

HomeBruin New Member

Loc:
    Califon, NJ
    I tried to sell my wife on our upcoming new stove as a Christmas present for the two of us. She didn't buy that angle. I still gotta get her something. Or just push her into the stove ala Hansel and Gretel, lol.==c
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  18. mattjm1017

Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    HomeBruin my wife doesnt realize that Im planning that Im going to spring it on her Saturday. When the install is done Im going to put a bow on it and tell her Merry Christmas!! Or when we get it in the house I can give her the pry bar and tell her to its time to open presents!;lol I think Im still going to have to buy here a present though for Christmas day.
  19. Huntindog1

Huntindog1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Central Indiana
    Like a kid in a candy store, I know the feeling.
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  20. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Congrats, great stove. Looking forward to more pictures.
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  21. charly

charly Guest

They'll be fine,,,,, just don't drop the stove on them,, I'm saying just go easy.
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  22. jmccabe

jmccabe New Member

Loc:
    E. Mass.
    Great picture! Congratulations. When you're done getting yours out of the trailer, maybe you could come help me with mine.... These things weigh a ton. photo.JPG
  23. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Our trailer is not too high and when I got it home I slid it right off the trailer and onto the furniture dolly with ease. If 2 guys, so much the better.
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  24. HomeBruin

HomeBruin New Member

Loc:
    Califon, NJ
    Yeah, I definitely recommend getting a little something extra for Christmas day. Or it's gonna be colder than ever in the house even with the new stove.
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  25. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Well, can you at least tell us what color it is? ==c

I hope they sent you a pallet made of something other than Hemlock (at least that's what he said when I ordered the stove.) I busted mine up for kindling and that stuff barely even burns...worst wood ever! :confused: I'm going to toss it into the woods...

I'm going to reserve judgement until I try all the other stoves...but I really like the Fv. :)

You could give her some wood... ==c