My first, and hopefully last delivery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James02

Feeling the Heat
Aug 18, 2011
N.Y.S.
Some of it is from a local tree guy, but not much. I know it wont be seasoned in time, I'm hoping to get at least 2 months in. Too bad I couldn't upload the mess in the driveway when it got there.

Attachments

• 2011-09-10_18-41-01_582.jpg
    2011-09-10_18-41-01_582.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 522
How much wood did he drop off for you?

James, send me a PM if you're out my way, and need firewood. I got a few decent firewood guys.

I didnt notice when I first read your post that your on LI, isnt the island overflowing with black locust?

That's some good looking wood. How long did it take you do all that?

It's allegedly 2 cords, but even if it isn't the wood I got from a tree guy I feel that makes up for it. Though I helped him by not having to pay dump fee. Also my buddy from the FD owns a landscaping company and I got home to a boatload of wood in my driveway. It took me I guess 1.5 hours to move and quickly stack. Got another FD friend with a wheelbarrel. They've done this before. All this without my insert yet.

So, there is a tree touching wires right above my wood stack and its catching. I've made two calls to the local power authority and dispatch has also called just for a trimming. Might need some wood donations....ugh! I can't win.

It took 12 months the last time I called LIPA for tree trimming. Have fun.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
It took 12 months the last time I called LIPA for tree trimming. Have fun.

I've never had to deal with them personally, but I hear the transmissions.....F!... Sorry bout the outburst....

Status
Not open for further replies.