my first attempt at a holzen hausen and my wood world

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdNH

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2009
Southern, NH
I attempted to make a Holzen Hausen, can’t say I’m that thrilled with how it came out. i guess I should rework the top of it to make it look a little better.
20121012_073350 (Custom).jpg20121012_073257 (Custom).jpg
They definitely hold a lot of firewood, but I’m not sure how well the majority of it will season since its buried in the middle. The HH is most red and white oak with a black birch roof.

The rest of the stacks are Maple/Cherry/White and red oak from left to right. Have another cord of hard maple to stack and some more wood down that needs to be processed.
20121007_161511 (Custom).jpg

Reactions: TomB and milleo
nicely done....i like the setup

nicely done....i like the setup

Thanks, its really the only good, sunny spot in the yard that is close to the back door and its also on a slight hill which makes the stacking more challenging.

I think it looks pretty good for the first attempt . . . then again I stack to season my wood . . .not win the "Prettiest Wood Stack" contest. ;)

Reactions: PapaDave and ColdNH
It looks good to me. Never tried making one, so I wonder if it takes a long time to build--?

Status
Not open for further replies.