My First burn this season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyjohn

Minister of Fire
Mar 29, 2008
southcentral Ct
I fired up my Harman wood insert for the first time this season and so far this is what ive seen.First pic! Break in some hot coals!No secondary burn!damper open and air flow wide open.2nd and 3rd pics taken shortly after 3 goosd size splits put in onto good bed hot coals.Temp at this stage 450 to 500 deg!Damper closed and air flow half way in.secondary burn going well!i can hear faint air rush in the back and you can see flames inside the afterburn chamber showing that its working.I have noticed that to get the secondary burn to start up a temp of near 500 is needed,After the secondary starts to work the interior temp seems to drop a bit to maybe 425.Temp outside low 40s and inside low 70s at after a few hours burn time.
Update! Im thinking that i need to open airflow alittle more!temps running mid to upper 400s!maybe thats why im getting some class staining!not hot enough.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 351
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 346
Houston we have ignition. We have lift-off. Welcome to burning season 2008-2009.

Good looking stove ya got there.

One more night of burning before it warms up for the rest of the week.Put a full load in and running at near 500.Here is what i hope is alittle better pic of afterburner in action.Flames glowing nice and hot in back view window.Very little flame in main box with lots of hot coals.

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 252
Status
Not open for further replies.