My first dealing with a Danson Glow Boy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
We did an install Saturday where we removed a Danson Glow Boy insert date of birth, Sept. 23, 2002, and replaced it with a Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200I. All went well except the Danson Had a 4' stub instead of a full liner. The installers found almost a 1/2 full shop vac worth of ash on top of the insulation that was stuffed around the flex stub. There is now a 4" x 31' s/s liner, top plate, and cap. I would have hate to seen what would have happend if that insulation gave way and dumped into the circulation blower of the unit.

The customer said he liked the Danson but was looking to upgrade. I took the unit in on consignment and been working on it all morning and part of the afternoon. It is now burning and I am happy with reselling the unit once I replace the blowers, they are loud. Seems to be a decent stove for being almost 9 yrs old.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.