My first Hook Up! Fist Score (Touchdown)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Oct 13, 2009
CT
So over the weekend i metioned about making friends with a fella who cuts trees. Hes a small timer and gets plenty of work. So he said if you want wood let me know and ill let you know whats comming up all i need you to do is come up and get it!

Heres my first score!

Attachments

• downsized_1026091701.jpg
    downsized_1026091701.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 577
Looks like a great score of maple, and a good connection. Congrats !

He had more that he wanted to throw in, but i said no because i didnt think the truck was goign to be able to handle. it. The Truck is not mine its my bro's didnt want to mess it up for him. Beside i guess i got more comming whenever i ask.

Great score Carlos. Keep at it!

Nice score Carlos! A hook up like that will keep you supplied with a steady stream of good stuff!

Congrats nice load!!

Hi Carlos, that's very cool. I'm in Windsor now and grew up in Enfield.

Nice hookup, if you ever get too much I'd be happy to season and burn the extra for you!

Congrats

Carlos said:
I live in East Haven but the hook up is from the Enfield area! I work in East Windsor.

Wet1 said:
That's great Carlos, congrats!

Where are you in CT?

It's almost time to break out one of my favorite songs: "Chrstmas in 'Staven"! I was able to grab a copy before KC101 pulled it off their website.

LOL Wallyworld! Good ol Wallingford, i have family there, love the town! Any good stove places around your way?

Got the habit - got the supplier - got the enabler - sounds like an addiction.
We're not the intervention team - we're your support group!
Happy Burning!

Everyone seems to have a connection to Wallingford!

I'm not sure about stove stores. I know there's a few in Southington. I think there's one on Rt 5 in Wallingford; but I've never been there before. I really need to check it out.

I feel like a Squirlle collecting accorn before the winter gets here! Yes i think its an addiction.

maplewood said:
Happy Burning!

Good to see CT well-represented on Hearth.com. I'm in Cheshire and recently acquired approx. 4 cords of unsplit logs (birch, maple and oak) that are neatly stacked in my yard. The neighbors all asked if I was preparing for another Alamo -- when it snowed here in early October, they all stopped making fun...

Carlos said:
I feel like a Squirlle collecting accorn before the winter gets here! Yes i think its an addiction.

maplewood said:
Happy Burning!
So true! I have a little over 20 cords of oak in my tiny yard now and I'm going to look at a few trees that someone wants removed this weekend... Like I really need more wood at this point, but I just can't help myself!!!

Nothing makes a woodburner feel better than a wood score on the way home. Well almost...
Clearly, it is why God created the pickup truck!

LukeDawg11 said:
Good to see CT well-represented on Hearth.com. I'm in Cheshire and recently acquired approx. 4 cords of unsplit logs (birch, maple and oak) that are neatly stacked in my yard. The neighbors all asked if I was preparing for another Alamo -- when it snowed here in early October, they all stopped making fun...

Nice score! And small world. I'm on the west side of Wallingford...up behind the Oakdale; really close to the Cheshire line. I actually work in Cheshire. It's cool to see some really local folks posting here.

Since there's so many CT people here, I was wondering if any of you know any good reliable wood dealers in the area.

I haven't had a lot of luck buying wood when necessary, wondering if anyone around Windsor has had any good experiences.

Retired Guy said:
Time to buy a truck.

Yea time for me also, my little Nissan Frontier can only carry 1/4 of a cord at a time :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.