My First Pellet Purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokenwing

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2012
Northern Maryland
Well my stove is not ready yet, pipe should be here in the next week but i wanted to get a few bags of pellets. Called localy here in MD, and Home Depot, Lowes, and TSC were all sold out. I found some Lignetics in Pa for 4.69 a bag at TSC, as well as Home Depot Had Stove Chow for around the same price. Ace Hardware had Lignetics also but it was the blue bag, so i traveled a little further. Looks like this late in the year pellets can be hard to find. Anyway i bought 15 bags to hold me over for when my stove is ready, would of bought more, but not sure how much my Dodge Dakota with a v8 engine in it will hold. Here is some pictures, nothing compared to you all though. Also is that a good price?

Attachments

• pellets.jpg
    pellets.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 378
  • pellets 1.jpg
    pellets 1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 369
Brokenwing said:
would of bought more, but not sure how much my Dodge Dakota with a v8 engine in it will hold. Here is some pictures, nothing compared to you all though.
Yeah...right...really pushing it there Mabel!

Keep loading till it hits the bumpstops... and then add on a few more. :lol:

Keep loading till it hits the bumpstops... and then add on a few more. :lol: 15 bags is only ~600lbs. I've hauled heavier than that in my little VW Jetta!

johnnycomelately said:
Brokenwing said:
would of bought more, but not sure how much my Dodge Dakota with a v8 engine in it will hold. Here is some pictures, nothing compared to you all though.
Yeah...right...really pushing it there Mabel!

That's Funny....

I was figuring all the stores would be over stocked with pellets because of the mild year we had, But maybe around here and MD they don't keep many in stock and order as needed.

Brokenwing said:
Anyway i bought 15 bags to hold me over for when my stove is ready, would of bought more, but not sure how much my Dodge Dakota with a v8 engine in it will hold.

I hauled 40 bags at a time in a V8 Durango, did it 3x - 32 mile trip - no problems.

Mabel, now that is just to funny lmao, anyway I am going to go get some more. The box stores close to home told me they are done for this season, and they should be getting more in this fall, I was suprised like you said with the mild winter. Pa is only a extra few miles so Im going to go back to Tsc in Hanover Pa they only have 3 tons left of Lignetics and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.