My first post. Heat N Glow Northstar parts need.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEMONADEMAN

Hearth Supporter
Nov 15, 2008
Rhode Island
Good Evening everyone,
I found this web site about a week ago. I am so pleased with the amount of great information I have found.
I have a heat n glow northstar. I really like the unit. I use it to off set the oil bill during the winter months. Last year I burned 5 cords. The heat output is wonderful. I have a 2700 sq ft house with 9' ceilings on the first floor. When I filled up both my twin 275's in april it had been 13 months since last filling up. I only went thru 210 gallons of oil!
Any way, my question is this, who is the best member to contact to buy some needed items for the northstar?

If anyone is interested I can post up some photos of my setup. I have photos of the northstar install as well.

Thank you all for reading this and any of the info I may receive.

you might want to be more specific on what items your looking for.

I can ship parts.... but what do you need?

Where did you get the fireplace? Any Heat & Glo or Quadrafire dealer should be able to get you parts.

I am a member of an automotive forum and within the forum there are a few dealers that extend a "forum discount" to other forum members.
As for what I need: a set of inner fire blocks. Most of mine are cracked. A new top ceramic blanket along with solid piece the blanket sits on.
I am also wondering the cost for the fans. I have run the unit for a solid 4 months straight 24/7 x 3 years. Not sure how long the fans may last?

Thank you for helping me.

Hello, I need part numbers: SRV480-0510. This is the fiberboard baffle. This cracked the very first year. I also need the Ceramic Blanket, Part number 832-3401. On side has a tear in it. This is the way it was installed. I have not abused these parts in any way. Can anyone tell me where I can order these parts at a reasonable price. I was told by one supplier that the fiberboard cost $162 and the Ceramic blanket was $45. I feel that the fiberboard is way over priced. Is there a substitute that can be used? I would really appreciate some help from anyone. Thanks, Rod

Rod,
These were the prices I got.

BRICK-480 - Full brick set - $378
832-3401 - 1” insulation blanket - $35
SRV480-0510 - fiberboard baffle - $152
812-4900 - one blower (fireplace has two in it) - $129

LEMONADEMAN said:
Rod,
These were the prices I got.

BRICK-480 - Full brick set - $378
832-3401 - 1” insulation blanket - $35
SRV480-0510 - fiberboard baffle - $152
812-4900 - one blower (fireplace has two in it) - $129
Firestarter, who do I contact for the insulation blanket @ $35? I need one.
Uh, I found the fiberboard baffle for $127 in CA. Shipped probably another $15.
Really need the blanket, though. Also, would be nice to find a good price on 1/2" rope door gasket.
I need 8'. All the kits I've found have 7'.
This northstar maintenance cost is starting to outway the savings in elect. heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.