My first score worth sharing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfd95

Burning Hunk
Jan 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island
Filling potholes at work yesterday when this guy with a covered trailer pulls up and asks if I know anyone that wants free firewood. So I ask what do you got? Expecting an answer of "A bunch of pine". But to my surprise he says oak go take a look. Now I'm expecting some four foot rounds, but to my surprise it's a load of oak and beech ranging from five inch rounds to fourteen inch rounds. So he follows me to house and dumps it. Then he says I've got another load at the job sight and I say no problem I'll take all you got. Here are some pics of the dump and my acre slice of heaven in the Hamptons!!!!!

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 459
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 442
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 481
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 434
Nice! Especially for Eastern Long Island. I can't even imagine what that would cost delivered cut and split. Third picture looks like already seasoned wood - and plenty of it! That looks like a major score worthy of drooling over.

Awesome, thats the type of trailers we'd all like to see once in a while.

nice score, it's like someone dropping a bag of money off at your house!

nsfd95, you just received an early Christmas present. Congratulations.

Sorry about that, the third pic is this years supply. First two pics are the score... As far as price the going rate for a cord is $240-$300 dumped Extra $50 to stack within 10 to 15 feet from the truck. Knock on wood though this is my seventh season of burning and have not had to buy a stick of it. I added two more pics of the score an my seven year old daughters pic of tonights first burn of the season.

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 364
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 399
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 387
Like manna from heaven . . .

I love not having to pay for any of the wood I burn. I don't mind at all doing the work, but there's something about getting free wood that just fascinates me.

Well, go fill some more "Potholes"
At that rate, you'll have 2012 wood done in a few weeks.

Maybe you hooked up with a contractor that will have more of the same in the future.
Right place/Right time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.