My garden

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Minister of Fire
Mar 2, 2007
South Western Wisconsin
I like to garden and plant trees, if you want more pictures I have them. Gonna cut up what the loggers left next week, gonna be lots of wood. I almost get a tickle in my stomach with all that wood. I used to scrounge wood in the city, now I have more than I know what to do with. Makes me feel good.

Attachments

• wood 026 (676 x 507).jpg
    wood 026 (676 x 507).jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 519
One at a time

That's my friend Pat, he just bought a New Holland, 45 horse, with 5 foot tiller, bucket, blade, and scraper box. Does a nice job. My garden grows in size every time he tills. I really don't need the extra room, but I can space everything out real well.

I just put 500 buchels of manure (3 year old, composted, cow) and it makes the soil like pancake mix. Planted the potatoes with my hands. I also planted 400 feet of wild flowers and sunflowers. I also put in about 20 fruit trees, 30 red pines, and a few ornamental trees, and a few black walnut.

Attachments

• wood 035 (676 x 507).jpg
    wood 035 (676 x 507).jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 480
Here's an update of my garden, about 2-3 week interval. Looks like a good year for potatoes.

Attachments

• wood2 009 (512 x 384).jpg
    wood2 009 (512 x 384).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 353
  • wood2 009 (512 x 384).jpg
    wood2 009 (512 x 384).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 361
hey nice garden. my wife and i just built a home and just got the yard in so our garden isn't too big. i put short telephone poles parallel and filled in between with good dirt and put some pole beans in there, and we got some cukes growin, and a half dozen tomato plants. our property also has a generous portion of black walnut trees, along with black raspberry, mulberry, and such. we got 4.5 acres, how much land you have?

I have 12 acres, mostly woods, with about 2 or so acres in plains. About a 1000 acres of government land, and private woods around me.

I raise lots of hot peppers and of course tomatoes, radish, onions, beans, peas, snow peas, and leaf lettuce. Tried a few bird gourds, melon, and pumpkin. Just for fun.

ansehnlich1 said:
hey nice garden. my wife and i just built a home and just got the yard in so our garden isn't too big. i put short telephone poles parallel and filled in between with good dirt and put some pole beans in there, and we got some cukes growin, and a half dozen tomato plants. our property also has a generous portion of black walnut trees, along with black raspberry, mulberry, and such. we got 4.5 acres, how much land you have?

Warning on using telephone poles or railroad ties for gardening. These are both treated with creosote or other preservatives that are carcinogenic and not adviseable for use in a garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.