My Geospring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To flush I usually just shut off power and open the drain valve. The incoming water pressure helps force sediment from the tank.
To drain I shut off power, shut off water feed, open the drain valve and then manually open the pressure/temp release valve to allow air into the tank to displace the drained water.

It can happen, on any tank, any brand. Thats why many states have the code of a vacuum breaker.

Got my $400 Geospring rebate check from my Electric utility company. It nice to see money coming the other way from them,iv bveen paying them for many years.

Starting to see the monthly savings. Aug 16 was avg 3 degrees hotter than Aug 15 and i still used 220KW less power in Aug 16. Seems around $30 or more, probaly close to $40 considering the AC is on overtime this year its hard to say what the Geospring is saving cuz the AC is on 24-7.

Month 2 and the savings are up to $52 for Sept and $32 for Aug. So far thats $84 power savings in just 2 months.

Month 2 and the savings are up to $52 for Sept and $32 for Aug. So far thats $84 power savings in just 2 months.

I actually monitored mine with my effergy energy monitor for a few months last year. I posted it about it somewhere in this thread. With the 2nd or 3rd highest electrical rates in the country here in CT (well over .20kwh delivered) mine cost less than $10 a month in power to run. I was really taken back on how little power it used when I first saw the numbers.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Status
Not open for further replies.