My girls are spoiled!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Pellet

Minister of Fire
OK...so yesterday morning, I began to feel really lousy. It got progressively worse and by evening I had full-blown flu symtoms and the shivers like I have never experienced before. I was working late trying to get some of today's deliveries done yesterday because of a snowstorm that we are having today. I got home at about 7:00 last night and felt so awful that I decided to not bother filling the pellet stove or wood stove. Did not bother to ask the wife to do it, because she is battling the same bug that I am. Fotr the first time in years, I turned on the oil heat and set it to 73 degrees and went to bed. I woke up this morning, still feeling lousy. My two girls came into our room about 6:00am complaining that they were cold. COLD? IT WAS 73 DEGREES!
There is nothing, and I mean nothing, that compares to the heat that we get from the stoves. At ages 5 and 3, these girls have no idea how good they have it!

P.S.
Stoves are up and running again...Thank God!

Reactions: pen
thats funny there CT. kids are spoiled. I would rather go tomwork sick than stay home and suffer alone..

good thing, you would be - a load of turmans ::-)
dang....well, i was here, and Im STILL waiting on 2 loads of Turmans.......one was supposed to get here yesterday, and well, todays truck is now late as well.......

So far in my department the folks that got the flu shot got the flu. Those who didn't get the flu shot are ok up to this point.

Reactions: briansol
The B strains going around in this state so far only match what is in this years vaccine only a bit better than 68% of the time. The A strains were matched much better 100% for one group and 99.3% for another.

There are other strains that haven't shown up in any testing yet.

Already had the mess. I shook it in a couple of days but the boss had the effects for about a week.

Thank you to the anonymous hearth.com member who just emailed me that dirty get well e-card! That's downright precious!!! Now come clean....who are you?

Our company has 100% flu shot requirement, so far so good. No one in our department has gotten the flu, and the general consensus is the same across departments.

I'm still against the flu shot, but I need my pay check. (Hospital)

The flu shot is a scam. If a company made me inject myself with that poison, i'd press charges against them for attemtped assult.... or some nonsense. and then quit. seriously.

There's lot of sites out there that will give you info, but have you ever even read what's in it?

If you ever read the ingredients list, you probably wouldn't either.

Ethylene glycol = antifreeze.
Phenol = disinfectant. (Think, Comet kitchen cleaner)
Aluminum = intake has proven links to Alzheimer’s disease, seizures and causes cancer in laboratory mice..
Thimerosal = it's a derrvitive of mercury. Need we say more?
Formaldehyde = are you a corpse?

And that's on top of the fact that the bacteria was grown in aborted human fetuses (true story). monkey and chicken kidneys, and other once-living organic parts of animals.

And after all that, it has a 1.5% effective rate this year. Down from last years 3%.

Why any sane person would do this to themselves is byond me.

try this instead:

natural-flu.jpg

I find it funny that i never get sick and accoring to my mom i should be dead because. I never get a flu shot. I never wear a coat, just a sweatshirt or flannel will do. I only use hand sanitizer to start the stove. I fully support the 5 second rule for dropped food if you can beat the dog to it and i never take any medicine at all. Most importantly i dont eat my fruit and vegtables, just red meat. Ive missed 1 day of work in 14 years.

Maybe it has something to do with the Sam Adams and Jameson and its healing properties.

Maybe it has something to do with the Sam Adams and Jameson and its healing properties.

Works for me, they are vitamins right;) I make sure that I meet or exceed the FDA daily requirements!

73 ! they are spoiled, I occasionally treat my wife to 65 degrees. 63 in the norm around here

OK...so yesterday morning, I began to feel really lousy. It got progressively worse and by evening I had full-blown flu symtoms and the shivers like I have never experienced before. I was working late trying to get some of today's deliveries done yesterday because of a snowstorm that we are having today. I got home at about 7:00 last night and felt so awful that I decided to not bother filling the pellet stove or wood stove. Did not bother to ask the wife to do it, because she is battling the same bug that I am. Fotr the first time in years, I turned on the oil heat and set it to 73 degrees and went to bed. I woke up this morning, still feeling lousy. My two girls came into our room about 6:00am complaining that they were cold. COLD? IT WAS 73 DEGREES!
There is nothing, and I mean nothing, that compares to the heat that we get from the stoves. At ages 5 and 3, these girls have no idea how good they have it!

P.S.
Stoves are up and running again...Thank God!
Not for nothing..but if you really had the full blown flu you wouldn't have gotten over it in 12-18 hours.....just sayin'

Reactions: Augmister
The flu shot is a scam. If a company made me inject myself with that poison, i'd press charges against them for attemtped assult.... or some nonsense. and then quit. seriously.

There's lot of sites out there that will give you info, but have you ever even read what's in it?

Aluminum = intake has proven links to Alzheimer’s disease, seizures and causes cancer in laboratory mice..

And that's on top of the fact that the bacteria was grown in aborted human fetuses (true story). monkey and chicken kidneys, and other once-living organic parts of animals.

And after all that, it has a 1.5% effective rate this year. Down from last years 3%.

try this instead:

natural-flu.jpg

What a great marinade for chicken! Thank you! (Agree on the flu shots... half the people I know who got them, got flu! Imagine that? ... oh yeah, a Gumbermint project.)

I work at a hospital with required flu shots... All of my department got them, not one flu case yet. Likewise cases are down all around the hospital.

Maybe we get the good stuff?

Also of all those bad things listed, our shots only had aluminum salt.

Formaldehyde is used during drug production but not left in the drug for human consumption. Many pain killers (Aspirin included) use formaldehyde in production, and countless other medications too.

It is also used in many cheese, dried foods, your hand and dishwasher soaps, even your table sugar.

The problem with science is, we have found out how to do good with bad things, and it is getting harder and harder to tell the difference / find the truth. We have to trust manufacturers to properly cleanse out the bad.

Like I said, I still am against taking the flu shot, but I am forced to. I believe we are meant to get sick, to get stronger from it!

Reactions: briansol

try this instead:

natural-flu.jpg

I got's the flu the other day. I'll have try that!

try this instead:

natural-flu.jpg

Awful lot of carbs in that and not one dram of the elixir of life. Other than that carry on.

images

Fix it for you....The Flu Terminator​
To mix "Blue" with ANYTHING should be more punishable than not having a surge protector. Ya dont mix the "Blue"...Ya just don't!

To mix "Blue" with ANYTHING should be more punishable than not having a surge protector. Ya dont mix the "Blue"...Ya just don't!

Good whiskey drink it straight up Neat.;) That flu thing Vodka would be better.

train_derail_369.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.