my guests are wimps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidV

Nov 20, 2005
Richmond VA
It's in the upper 20's right now. Tonight my guests, while gathered in the kitchen told my wife "for such a big fire it doesn't produce much heat". My bride had just started the fire and it was in full flame but had only been burning about 5 minutes. ( I was at the store picking up more wine". About 15 minutes after I got home I engaged the bypass and the guess said it was getting warm.
30 minutes later they said they should put the cookies in the stove room to make them seem fresh baked. an horu later they were sitting in a kitchen chair about 4 feet out of the doorway to the stove room. I had the stove fan on low and had a small fire in there. What a bunch of wimps.s

Our guests fall asleep! They're so RUDE! :coolsmile:

Chris

Ha, yep, peeps fall asleep when the come to my place too, RUDE!

I read yesterday to save fuel costs you should insulate, check windows, seal gaps, yadayadayada, and lastly, set your thermostat to 65 degress HAHAHA!

ansehnlich1 said:
Ha, yep, peeps fall asleep when the come to my place too, RUDE!

I read yesterday to save fuel costs you should insulate, check windows, seal gaps, yadayadayada, and lastly, set your thermostat to 65 degress HAHAHA!

hahahha .. those days are over for me and my house ,80 is the new room temperature here .now we turn ceiling fans on highest setting and open up the windows,ill cook that turkey right in my living room floor !

My only problem with having company is trying to get them to leave! No one wants to go home to there cold home with the thermostat set at 65. Gas prices have come down but my wine, liquor and beer tab bill has gone up. Anyone else have this problem?

I keep the furnace programmed to come on at night if it drops down to 62. about an hour before I wake up it's set to 66. Usually it is still about 70 degrees downstairs when I get up in the morning. I'm sure that with 19 guests today I'll have the back door (in the stove room) open to let cool air in the house. I'll be outside frying the turkey. oh well I have stocked up on beer and wine. I'm sure I'll survivie.

Ha! I just gave the chimney a sweep this morning to make sure it's at its very optimal performance for when our city guests come over. We're serving up roasted guests this evening.

cmonSTART said:
Ha! I just gave the chimney a sweep this morning to make sure it's at its very optimal performance for when our city guests come over. We're serving up roasted guests this evening.

Do you serve them with a red or a white wine? :coolsmile:

Chris

cmonSTART said:

Be careful when serving up those city folk. I hear they can be tough. Slow cooking at around 80 degrees and basted in wine / beer should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.