My Harman P-38

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Passed its toughest test since I've had it. It was -8 yesterday morning and had to set it to 4. Tonight I'm warming my split pea soup on it and enjoying a Michelob Lager...love my little pellet stove. 2014-01-08_18-57-22.png

Reactions: PJPellet
P38's are excellent little stoves. I see you have a "turbo" model. Classic :)

Reactions: herdfan2003
I have the same stove that I have been running for about 10 years. It is a great little stove, just not as easy to light as my st croix

I do know now that if you're in a hurry for soup this is not the way to go...lol

Really? I would have thought just the opposite. Don't get me wrong...I've never cooked on my pellet stove. That said, the top of my P68 is probably more hot than the top of the stove in my kitchen, so I just assumed anything placed on top of it would cook and cook fast!

Really? I would have thought just the opposite. Don't get me wrong...I've never cooked on my pellet stove. That said, the top of my P68 is probably more hot than the top of the stove in my kitchen, so I just assumed anything placed on top of it would cook and cook fast!

I thought so too. We keep a pan of water on top of ours all the time and thought it would be plenty warm enough to heat the soup, which it would have just not real quick. Actually wish I hadn't ate it now got extremely sick about a 3 hours later, and no the Michelob Lager had nothing to do with it.....lol. It has warmed up some here and I only had the stove set on 2 to 3. It is a great little stove

I have a friend with one of those. I can't wait for him to upgrade, so I can buy his off of him. I heat my 1,900 sq ft with my xxv fine, but he is attempting to heat 2,000sq ft with his P-38, and needs more stove, I am hoping to put it in the basement. I really like those stoves.
Is yours sitting directly on the carpet? Didn't know that was acceptable.

I have a friend with one of those. I can't wait for him to upgrade, so I can buy his off of him. I heat my 1,900 sq ft with my xxv fine, but he is attempting to heat 2,000sq ft with his P-38, and needs more stove, I am hoping to put it in the basement. I really like those stoves.
Is yours sitting directly on the carpet? Didn't know that was acceptable.

I wondered how long it would take someone to notice that, not a good idea I know. Plans are in the works, the wife and I just can't come to a common ground on how we want it done. In the meantime I am very careful...I know, no excuse.

herdfan2003 said:
I wondered how long it would take someone to notice that, not a good idea I know. Plans are in the works, the wife and I just can't come to a common ground on how we want it done. In the meantime I am very careful...I know, no excuse.
Holy chit. I'd at least put an el cheapo stove board under there til you figure out what you wanna do.

Status
Not open for further replies.