My Harman P61A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker62

Jan 29, 2012
Kenosha, WI.
This stove is now going in the basement and I am shopping for a wood stove to replace it.

Attachments

• DSC04297.jpg
    DSC04297.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 275
smoker62 said:
This stove is now going in the basement and I am shopping for a wood stove to replace it.

Not selling the wife on stove pipe straight up in front of the Hickory mantle. If I go through the back wall there is a chase built for the chimney pipe of a Vermont Castings gas stove that was there. I can go through the back wall and then up but man that class a is expensive stuff. I got a quote for that and it was more than the stove.

Attachments

• DSC04298.jpg
    DSC04298.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 272
Very nice........ But if it looks good there and still works? Then why not put the Wood stove in the basement?

As the woodburner dies out, the pellet stove can kick on and pick up the slack in the middle of the night or while at work.

Im a fan of Pellet stoves and the P-61 is no slouch.... Looks beautiful.

Whatever you do... Keep the pics coming! ;-P

Thanks, I dont run my stove unless I am home. I have a set back T-stat on my gas furnace. My wife and I are both at work all day so we let the house sit unheated. It usually stays around 64 even on cold days. We just turn the stove on when we get home to warm our living room kitchen area. My kitchen is about 500 sq ft attached to the living room and it heats both nicely. I also do not run it at night. I am moving it because I have a larger rec room in the basement now and could use the heat down there . Mostly the noise issues with the stove. That is the main focus of the swap. It is getting a bit noisy for my liking.

Plus the fact I want to start cutting and harvesting wood . It will give me some needed exercise now that I am getting a bit older, and also put me in the woods again . That I miss since I stopped hunting years ago.

Thanks again for the compliment.

Tou Che. . .

Sounds like a good enougg reason to me. I have a Wood Stove in the basement and processing wood is a Good time in my eyes too..

Here are a couple pics of my wood processing and then a pic of the Woodstove in the background and pellet furnace in the foreground.

Attachments

• splittin.jpg
    splittin.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Back40.jpg
    Back40.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 229
  • Back40-4.jpg
    Back40-4.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 239
  • FahrenheitEndurance.jpg
    FahrenheitEndurance.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 207
Wow , sweet . I am jealous, I wish I had that much room. Plus I just bought a Can Am 1000 4 wheeler . That would give me a place to ride it a bit. I would love the pole barn .

smoker62 said:
Wow , sweet . I am jealous, I wish I had that much room. Plus I just bought a Can Am 1000 4 wheeler . That would give me a place to ride it a bit. I would love the pole barn .

Wow..... A Can Am 1000!!!!! Thats the ultimate of ultimate Quads. Jealous guy here ;-P

I have a Honda Rancher 4x4 and a Honda 440 EX (big bore, completely modified), and you can see my Sons (10 yrs old) little 125cc Race Quad in the pic inside the barn.

Good luck with the Stove install. Looking forward to the install pics.

Cutting wood is very relaxing. Its my time and also gives you a sense of Pride. Knowing what you did will warm you and your family. But pellets are a viable option for me too. I have a stove upstairs (had it for a few yrs) and just added the wood stove and pellet furnace this past fall. I enjoy both and it beats paying $3,800 a yr in LP fuel. Spending $800 last year and much less this year (addition of wood stove) makes you feel good about the choices made.

A pic of the Quad upstairs.

Attachments

• Quadshelf.jpg
    Quadshelf.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 234
Status
Not open for further replies.