My Harman P68 is now whistling - is there a correlation as to why the glass residue is baked on the

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deesla

Feb 21, 2009
Southern NH
My stove is now whistling. It seems like it's coming out of the exhaust and happening when the pellets are dropping.
To all new posters, I have a thread noted the other day about the glass residue so if you could join in, I would greatly
aprpeciate it. The dealer in Hooksett, NH doesn't care about servicing the stove and this is our first season burning
pellets. Dealing with the area rep now, filed a complaint with Harman, and will be emailing Dane, Karen, and the
regional manager.
Thanks for taking the time to help and try to resolve the issue. This is more than the dealer is doing.
D

What model Harman, and has it been cleaned thoroughly, including tee removal, and combustion motor cover?

Sounds like you may have a build up of fines in the auger causing a screeching sound or a build up of carbon at the end of the auger in the fire pot. Do a good scraping down at the bottom of the fire pot and make sure the holes down there are not blocked. I use my shop vac and let it run out of pellets and vacuum from inside of the hopper and at the the burn pot to pull what I can out.

Most likely not at all related. Go buy a little powdered graphite and mix it in with your pellets in the bottom of the hopper. Once the pellets go through the auger, the noise will stop.

My P61 exhaust fan is making a whistling sound. I have applied power to each fan directly to determine what part was the culprit, as well as using graphite in the hopper. The sound isn't all that obtrusive, but at times can get fairly loud. At the end of the season I'll replace the fan with a new one and hope that solves the whistling.

Her stove is making the noise while the pellets are dropping, clearly related to the auger. Use the graphite, it should fix the problem.

Dianac,

Just out of curiosity...
What is your cleaning schedule on your stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.