My Harman P68 was installed today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana627

Jun 13, 2008
So. NH
My Harman P68 was intalled this morning. The crew of 3 were here for about 3 hours. The installer did a fantastic job. He did put screws in the joints, did the draft test, brought his own pellets, but not enough so he used my bag, and the stove is still running. I did tell him the forums recommendations, and he wasn't very happy with that one, but all was done that needed to be done. He suggested we read the manual, which we'll do so. Of importance, as he's a firefighter, he told us not to buy a shop vac as it could get hot and start a fire so we'll buy a pellet stove vacuum. Also, we were told to make sure we empty the ashes in the proper metal container, so that's next on the list. Now, I'm going to call the fire marshall for an inspection to err on the side of caution. Thanks for everyone's input.
Brunster

Here are the pics of the install

Attachments

• HarmanStove002.JPG
    HarmanStove002.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 339
  • HarmanStove003.JPG
    HarmanStove003.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 381
  • HarmanStove004.JPG
    HarmanStove004.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 355
Congrats on your purchase of your P68. I hope it brings you many years of great service and satisfaction.

I myself just purchased a P68 and will have it installed soon.

I am new to the world of pellet stoves so I am in for an education. But I have to do something since gas prices this winter will be so high.

I was lucky and found some dicontinued pellets at Lowes. I bought 4 pallets to them so that will equal just over 3 tons.

I have no idea where I will put all of them but the price was right at $1.25 a bag. I quess my lawnmower will get no use of the shed this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.