My hearthside storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
This gets me a full 24 hours of heavy burning. Longer in the shoulder season.

Wife hates it, but is what I'll use until she comes up with a better solution (she wants me to use a small ash bucket with splits vertically-no joke).

Rack itself is made out of one 2x4 and then painted flat black. Original paint is about 3 years old and still holding up OK,

the little tray is made of a scrap of OSB and some scap fiberboard (pressed wood) trim from a kitchen job I did a while ago and the bottom. I did a real crappy job of assembling the bottom tray. I had some 12x12 tile left over and thought that I measured the OSB to fit four squares in it. Measured once and cut once. Should have measured twice because the tiles didn't fit, and I tried to cram it in anyway. that cramming screwed up the trim around the edges, but oh well...

Attachments

• IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 174
Well gee whiz Danno. That ash bucket is not such a bad idea. Humor her.

Backwoods Savage said:
Well gee whiz Danno. That ash bucket is not such a bad idea. Humor her.
three trips to fill the stove just didn't sound like fun to me.

But just think of all the wonderful exercise you can get!

Backwoods Savage said:
But just think of all the wonderful exercise you can get!
lol, maybe that's what she is hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.