My Heatilator Constitution FP install pictures.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

topknot

Jul 9, 2012
North Central Missouri
I am in the process of having a Heatilator Constitution FB installed by a local carpenter. Have really enjoyed watching the install and have been reading here in the forums to learn as much as I can before my break in burns - which will hopefully take place in the next week or so.

Our house is about 7 years old and all we have had for heat is electric so it will be great to have the FP, both for the utility of it and the safety aspect should we lose power in the middle of winter and have to rely on it for a sole heat source for a time... For the time being we are just running the pipe by itself, but I may have the carpenter build a surrounding chase next year, if funds permit. For the surround, we chose some simple slate tiles from Lowes that we thought had a lot of character. We shall see how they hold up on the Hearth.

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0410.jpg

IMAG0409.jpg

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0407.jpg

Looks nice what needs to be done before you can get rolling?

Looks nice what needs to be done before you can get rolling?

Thanks Weatherguy. I suppose technically she is ready to go right now. I'm waiting on a few things I ordered (fire poker set) to arrive and then find a day where the wife and kids can go do something away from the house and expected fumes. Plus, I am waiting on the installer to finish the mantle and hearth trim.

Pretty anxious to get it broken in though. :)

First fire tonight! It is working great, as far as I can tell - however no fan kicking on yet...

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg

IMAG0503.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.