My Homestead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazeedan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2006
SW Michigan
About a month ago I broke down and finally bought a Homested. After looking at them every fall for probably the last 3 years. I was concerned with the soapstone taking longer to heat up. But with the temps getting into the 20's at night it's been pleasant to wake up to a 70 degree house. So far we are really happy with the stove. I just want to thank everyone for their input both with my specific questions and reading other peoples threads.

Thanks Dan

Welcome to the homestead club, we sure like ours too.

Yep. It's turning out to be a great stove. 11 PM and I just loaded her up for the night. Will turn off primary in a few minutes and let her cruise through the night. The stove top thermometer has helped.

Man, this has never happened before - I tried to cut out two posts but no luck. Guess I really like my stove. :red:

Status
Not open for further replies.