My house smells DELICIOUS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiber

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm looking for Gordo. If you still read the forums, do please check your mail.

In other news... I've still got the open fireplace and this summer is probably the purchase time on that oslo. Per the advice of the forum I'm getting it professionally done and buying it from a dealer so I get the warranty. The back-savings alone make it worth it. ;) By Gordos math, I need about four cords (actually less since my place is smaller than his - but it's always good to have extra) to heat the place so I've started the process of scrounging wood.

I happened across a hickory tree being cut down in a neighbors yard, and while most of it had gone into the truck I grabbed a few logs. I put them in the pile but I had used a crayon to put a red X on the ends - this summer the steaks were going to be awesome.

I came home yesterday and my wife was hanging out by the fire with the new baby (three months old now) and the Sunoco bill was there for another $400. She's got a pretty big fire going which is good since wood is free at the moment. However once I clear out my nose I smell... Oh yes... THE HOUSE IS DELICIOUS.

She had tossed my hickory on the fire. Which was burning quite nicely, but more on the point the entire place smelled like a smoke house. I liked it. She wasn't impressed. Ah well. At least she's willing to light and tend a fire. ;)

so much for those steaks... ;-P

yeah really. Well I'm grateful for my son, but he did come literally at the start of deer season, so the steaks were merely going to be store bought and not the free range we're used to. ;)

What's a raiders fan doing in MA?

<>What's a raiders fan doing in MA?<>

& what EXACTLY does geography have to do with ?

Raydahs Fan here, as well!

We're everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.