My kid can out stack your kid....lol

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckarotka

Minister of Fire
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest PA on the lake
My little one is 14 months.... hope she'll be wiling to help when she get older........ Maybe she will want to drive the tractor (Ok, I know, I don't have a tractor yet, but it's the plan....).
Cute picture

ckarotka said:
Out of three kids the one that wants to help is almost 2y/o.
That is my experience as well.

Cute kid. Thanks for sharing!

Yes much quickier than my two daughters by a long shot!

THAT is a great picture! What kind of camera are you using?

As far as the oak holz hausens go, they give me no trouble.....although it's good to be ahead!

How long did it take her to move the whole Holz hausen? I wanna make sure my kids are working fast enough.

pulldownclaw said:
THAT is a great picture! What kind of camera are you using?

As far as the oak holz hausens go, they give me no trouble.....although it's good to be ahead!

It's a Sony a200. They stopped production this year I think. It's more the lens than camera. Sony bought Minolta, so all the old auto focus lens will fit Sony. The lens is a Minolta 50mm prime, no zoom, 20 years old, got it off ebay for $150, camera bought new for $400 two years ago.

I just felt like it wasn't drying fast enough, gotta burn this year, 13months drying time is all I can give it.

Thanks for all the nice replies to everyone else also!!

I had my two-year-old out on a "wheeler ride" this weekend and as we passed some trees that had blown over, he turned his head to me and said, "Firewood?" :lol: And my wife says I don't teach the kids anything useful!

Great pic!!!....Looks like you have an excellent helper...and she's cute as a button, too! Ya should frame that one.

Has an attachment for the nuk? My oldest loved it and didn't give it up until probably almost 3 years old. I couldn't get my boys to take one to save my soul though!

ckarotka said:
It's more the lens than camera.

This is true according to my crazy camera buddy. He uses a Nikon D300 with all manual settings and his pictures are stunning. He always tells me "It's not the body". I just bought a D3000 entry level DSLR just to get rid of the delay I had with my point and click and he keeps trying to talk me into all these expensive lenses. :lol:

Great pictures! I just showed them to my crazy camera buddy(co-worker) and he says you have a very nice hand.

ikessky said:
Has an attachment for the nuk? My oldest loved it and didn't give it up until probably almost 3 years old. I couldn't get my boys to take one to save my soul though!

A little bit. Most of the time she will play without it but "I" forget to take it away. More my fault than hers.

In a blink of an eye and she'll be in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.