My last load of the wood stove tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cogger

Oct 10, 2006
www.facebook.com
For the season that is. I am out of WOOD til next season. I feel like I am loosing a friend :( Much kindling left over as I always turned over the ashes to re light and partial clean and remove the fines.

Ordering my load of pulp log lengths next week to season up.

Too bad you ran out of wood but it is good that you are getting next years wood on hand now. Good luck.

Backwoods Savage said:
Too bad you ran out of wood but it is good that you are getting next years wood on hand now. Good luck.
Would be better to have gotten next year's wood last year. Might not burn as much if it were seasoned one more year.

I'm burning next year's wood now and if I wasn't 2 years ahead, I would be all out of wood.

LLigetfa said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Would be better to have gotten next year's wood last year. Might not burn as much if it were seasoned one more year.

I'm burning next year's wood now and if I wasn't 2 years ahead, I would be all out of wood.

Isn't it funny how that works out sometimes? This year I am in good shape...I had an extra cord to a cord and a half but it was not the primo stuff I was used to, still made it in a cold winter. Next year, well, I will let you know in a year! :)

My fire is out, although I have some dry wood left. I'm saving it for the days of cold rain that we often get in the spring. I used more wood than normal this year.

burntime said:
LLigetfa said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Too bad you ran out of wood...

Isn't it funny how that works out sometimes?
Year before last, my wood guy didn't deliver so I got 5 cord of wood from my neighbor in June and I didn't have enough for that Winter. Last year I got 12 cord early, thinking it would do me for 2 years but I burned more than half of it already. I got 12 cord again this year to get ahead of the game again. It's a terrible feeling burning wood that's seasoned less than a year and not having next year's supply laid up. I don't ever want to be in that predicament again.

Status
Not open for further replies.