My Latest C/L Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderthewelder

Minister of Fire
Scored a bunch of Doug Fir off C/L, was easy pickins and less than 10 minutes from home. This combined with the 3 or so cords of big leaf maple I scored last summer puts me well into the 2012/13 season and a great start to the 2013/14 season

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 325
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 309
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 316
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 315
I found a good load of Eastern Red Cedar/Juniper last Saturday morning,on north side of town.First decent amount that wasnt just 2 small logs,rotten stumps and/or a pile of brush & garbage since last Fall.Yesterday someone had what looks like about 2 loads of either Ash or Elm,ad was still up this morning.Its starting to pickup a bit now finally.

Very nice indeed!

Elderthewelder said:
Scored a bunch of Doug Fir off C/L, was easy pickins and less than 10 minutes from home. This combined with the 3 or so cords of big leaf maple I scored last summer puts me well into the 2012/13 season and a great start to the 2013/14 season

Nice score Elderthewelder, if you lived in northern new york people wOOd think your nuts burning Doug Fir or White Pine. Up here they bring it to the dump by the truck load.

Zap

zapny said:
Elderthewelder said:

Nice score Elderthewelder, if you lived in northern new york people wOOd think your nuts burning Doug Fir or White Pine. Up here they bring it to the dump by the truck load.

Zap

Doug Fir is considered pretty decent wood around here, fairly high on the BTU chart for a soft wood, easy to split, seasons in 9 months or so. Think the Fir you have back east is a totally different type of tree

Status
Not open for further replies.