My Latest Propane Delivery - Pellet Stove Stays Retired

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma869

Feeling the Heat
Aug 27, 2011
Massachusetts
I just got my latest propane delivery (I haven't had a delivery in almost two months because of how warm it's been). Prices did jump up a bit, but as you can see, I just paid $1.70 per gallon (my last delivery was $1.50 per gallon). It's finally super cold (overnight temperatures about 10 degrees) for the next couple of days, so I did expect a bit of a spike in the price. I'll probably only have two deliveries left for this Winter, so I guess my decision not to purchase any pellets this season is paying off! I can't say that I miss schlepping bags of pellets...or cleaning my stove! Here is to super low energy costs, and here is hoping that it continues for the rest of the season!

John

Attachments

• PalmerGasInvoice.jpg
    PalmerGasInvoice.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 201
Here's my bill for my load of gold. Keeping it local too:)

Attachments

• DSCN0720.JPG
    DSCN0720.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 180
It's great to have different choices to heat with. Glad we are all saving money.

Reactions: bags
Here's my bill for my load of gold. Keeping it local too:)

I've never burned corn, so don't know much about it. Do you purchase it by the ton, like pellets? If so, how much is a ton of corn?

Got the load of close to 3 tons for $330
Started a thread "Hauled home the Gold"

Glad it is working out for you

Got the load of close to 3 tons for $330
Started a thread "Hauled home the Gold"

That seems like a great price. Hell, if wood pellets were anything close to that price, I'd still be burning them, but at three times that price, it seems a bit silly. Will my P68 burn corn? I assume the heat output isn't quite the same that I would get from wood, or am I wrong about that?

Your manual says you can burn up to 50% corn. Corn is a bit more denser per cu ft. Once it gets lit it really puts out. Ash because the kernals like to keep their shape after being burnt fill the ash bin lot faster.

Reactions: bags
Might be time to swing by and score some then. Not sure where prices are here though. I was just thinking about the corn again and commented in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.