My little Jotul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnalogKid

Burning Hunk
Oct 22, 2012
CT
For the first time this season, I fired up my little Jotul a few times this past week. Had to do a few chores out in the garage; mount snow tires on the cars, prep tractor for snow removal, so I decided to take the chill out and toss a few logs in the Jotul.

Previous owner over-fired the hell out of it. The internal baffles are completely warped and disfigured. However for a little shop stove it still throws off a lot of heat and does the job.

I love its ability to take super long logs, but it's amazing how much faster it chews thru wood vs. my EPA insert in the house.

Used to hate winter, now I really enjoy this time of year. New England in all it's glory. Off to do snow clean-up.

Peace, guys. Stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.