1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

My load of tree length wood pics:)

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by michaelthomas, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelthomas

michaelthomas New Member

$750 for this load up here in Maine. This will keep me busy for a while:)

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. abj1969

abj1969 Member

Loc:
    S.Jersey
    holy crap... how many cords do you think your gonna get from that..
  3. DiscoInferno

DiscoInferno Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Silver Spring, MD/ Munising, MI
    Looks like the saw is going to get a lot more of a workout than the maul.
  4. MainePellethead

MainePellethead Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    There u go!! Now thats the load of wood I'm using to seeing delivered up in my hometown up maine :)
  5. Zach the lumberjack

Zach the lumberjack New Member

Loc:
    central maine
    I would be VERY VERY interested in buying a truck load. Can you tell me some people I can contact? I live in Naples.
    Thank you
    Zach
  6. michaelthomas

michaelthomas New Member

Here are a few guys that I know do the log length thing:
    Don Frasier 207-432-5047 Cell
    He quoted me as $600 for a 6 cord load, and $1100 for a full flatbed load I can't remember if he said it was 10-12 cord?

The guy I got the load from is Remi Beaulieu 207-710-3170. He called after the load was dropped to check on it. I thought that was nice. I am trying to get my wife to OK another load. Mention that I gave you his name. Can't hurt:)

Good Luck
  7. backpack09

backpack09 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Whitman, Mass

Wow, that $$ is high, 100$ a cord for log length... I can get em for 85$ each down here and I thought that was high.
  8. michaelthomas

michaelthomas New Member

yes, $600 a cord was too steep for me. I can spend another 85$ a cord and not have to buck, toss, split, and toss. He lives quite a distance from me and cuts off his own land. It might have been that he has enough orders that are closer to him so he gave me a high price to make it more worth his while to go out of his way. Anyway it was too much. the guy I went with was 750 for an 8 cord load. about $85 a cord this way.
  9. rich81

rich81 Member

hows that load coming along? i'm down in southern maine also and gonna be getting some log length again this year. was gonna call around to a few different people and get prices first. was curious if you were done and what it came out too??
  10. michaelthomas

michaelthomas New Member

I am almost done and so far I have about 5 cord cut split and stacked, and I estimate that I have another 3 cord left to cut and split. I think it will be right at the 8 cord he adveritsed! A-lot of the wood was on the small side which worked out well as I only had to run it through the splitter 1 or 2x. I have my 6 cord done for next year and the last 3 cord I am going to split even less of it as it will have 2 years to dry. I will leave anything 6-8" accross in the round. Takes about 2 tanks of gas to cut a cord, an hour to split, and an hour to stack. I have the 3 cord of logs left and 3 cord from trees taken down last year and 1-2 cord of stuff from a tree guy to get done and then I am done for a year.
    I called the logger guy and he is on a job now where the logging truck can't get into so they cut and split and haul dump trucks out. He will be at another job in a month that will have some log length.
  11. Tfin

Tfin New Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Where abouts is this Don Fraisier out of? I live in Sidney (central Maine) and am looking into getting some tree length myself.

Thanks in advance.
  12. Willman

Willman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sabattus Maine
    I got 8 cords of long length wood ( white ash)
    from DB Energy products out of Monmouth. He is cutting in the surrounding area this summer. Just bought a processor also. Nice guy to deal with. Told me to call him when I have it cut and stacked if I come up short. Call Phil @ 207-212-4403. Prolly paid more than what I am reading here. But was the best price in the area at the time. Not many tree length guys around. Most are processing and stockpiling for the winter rush. End of April. $115 a cord
    Will
  13. Tfin

Tfin New Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Thanks for the info Will.
  14. michaelthomas

michaelthomas New Member

He is out of west newfield Maine. Border of NH/MAINE.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.