My local guy will not have Dragon Mt this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
So I'm kind of bummed not to be burning Dragons this year. He still has Okie's and they are trying to sell me Dry Creek.

Anyone like Dry creek?

Looks like I will just PIG out on Okies instead, But I will miss my Dragons

BTU said:
With pellet prices where they are currently at, it just doesn't pencil out in NE... :shut: ....But he should have lots of Okies and my guess is your stove will love those just as well.... :)

Pricing here in NE is tough this year. No huge deals to be found for me. But, the good stuff has been somewhat reasonable enough to begin my stock up. Need to get to Pellet Pig status. :)

I burned a good amount of Okies last season and tried 5 bags of Dragons. BTU is right, they are very similar. At least in my stove. IF I had to choose between the 2, price would be a factor, but would lean towards Okies. Personally, I have not seen any Dry Creek to try out.

double post

I burned both the Okies and the dragons. IMO they were pretty darn close and most wouldn't notice a difference between the 2.

I burned some Dry Creeks as well. They are pretty darn good too. The Okies burned a little hotter and a bit cleaner. So the price of the Dry Creeks would need to be somewhat lower IMO to make them be the better deal.

What were there current prices?

They were the same price, which is crazy IMO..

No worries I still have about 25 bags of Dragons left and should be getting okies in a few weeks.

Really don't feel like picking up 150 bags all day in the heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.