My Lowes opts out.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmac

Mar 14, 2008
central NJ
The manager of the indoor seasonal dept at my local Lowes told me that they decided not to carry pellets or stoves this year. He said they were just too much of a hassle, and not worth the effort, and that I was the first one to ask about pellets this year. He told me that the next Lowes over is stocking, but not nearly what they carried last year. He claimed that he could get all of the pellets that he wanted, but it wasn't worth the floor & storage space.

I find this an interesting contrast to all of the talk about shortages and etc... I'm not trying to insinuate anything, just found it interesting....

The lowes near me stocked wood and pellet stoves along the aisles once you walked thru the door.

They did something right because there's a waiting list for pellets right now.....and I'm having a hard time finding them in my area.

That is kind of odd, I went to Lowes last night and they had two pellet stoves on the floor and at least two I saw in the box. Pellets were stacked up inside, at 5.97 per bag, very close to where the pellet stove are. I purchased two bags to see how they burn and what they look like, I am new to the pellet stove just got mine installed this week, so I wanted to check out different brands. In Sept. I asked how much they are going to sell a ton of pellets for, the saleman told me that they were going to limit their customers to a 2 ton limit. There was not a saleman around when I was there last night so I could not ask about ton prices, but they had stoves and pellets both on the floor.

Up in this neck of the woods, we have a Home Depot and Lowes almost across the street from each other. The home depot guys never know if they have them in stock and act like you're Nasa looking to hitch a ride to the international space station when you ask them about pellets. Lowes carries them 5.98 per bag, 299 per ton. I bought 6 bags to see how they burn, and they've been sold out since(guess people like them in this neck of the woods)

Sounds like a chain wide policy of Lowes to not offer per ton discount. $5.99 per bag here, while Tractor supply per bag price is $4.99 and $239.50 ton price. Lowes isn't getting my business even tho they sold me the stove 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.