My morning surprise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teetah222

Feeling the Heat
Oct 11, 2009
WA state
So I woke up this morning to my stove having shut down. Odd because I'd just filled it last night so it shouldn't be empty. Opened the hopper, and it was indeed full. Hmm, what could be wrong? Turned it on and listened for pellets dropping, nothing. Then heard an intermittent snapping noise. Auger seems to be running, but no pellets. Emptied out the hopper and ran it again watching the hopper. It's trying to turn, but only a tiny bit, and still there's that snapping noise. Uh, oh... is something broken? Pulled off the back of the stove and then wondered how to possibly check the auger. So I pulled up the computer and looked up Englander's troubleshooting page. Yay! There's a big section on how to take apart the auger and check it. Pulled it apart, found that the auger didn't seem to be stuck, but there was a large amount of sawdust in the area. Cleaned everything out, and put it back together and tried it out again. Whee! The auger turns and my stove works again. Good thing Englander has such great tech help at easy reach.

I wish every manufacture did stuff like that...

Also love the fact they have a CD that SHOWS you how to do every aspect of cleaning and maintenance on these stoves. LOVE my Englander!

Status
Not open for further replies.