My Neighbors Chia Pet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hardwood715

Feeling the Heat
Nov 30, 2005
Hyde Park, New York
Chsck out the farest chimney

Attachments

• img0023.jpg
    img0023.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 397
  • img0021.jpg
    img0021.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 379
  • img0020.jpg
    img0020.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 348
Looks like a great way to insulate an exterior masonry chimney to me. And it would really look neat with some start up smoke coming out of the veg.

Whats the side of the house look like? The creeping vine thing sometimes looks homey & cool,. But what it does damage wise to the structure, eek.

Dylan said:
IVY?? I'm sure most everyone here knows that that stuff ain't exactly all that good for masonry.

Or wood/vinyl or any other siding & roofing altogether. If its going up your house, its doing damage. See enough of that in my roofing/siding years.

that side of the house looks like a hedge wall, crazy= the old man had a stove installed on that side years ago. the fireplace is the first chimney you see, he died, she plants that crap over there and over the years it resulted in what you see. I tried to tell her I think a racoon lives up there, but she dont wanna hear anything, except my chainsaw NOT running, she thinks IM crazy for all the wood I got, too bad warren or eric wasnt her neighbor! the meals on wheels folks bring her birdfeeders to hang in the back yard, stares out that window at them all day, they never knew they are feeding my cats too! they sit under them feeders, also relocated some firewood from that side, felt like i was doing her a favor, god forbid she lit off that stove!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.