My new best friend, the Italian marvel!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deromax

Burning Hunk
Jun 13, 2014
Shawinigan, Pq, Canada
I was finally able to source a digital camera, and took a picture of my working stove! Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• Ravelli Monica.jpg
    Ravelli Monica.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 442
Nice !!
Is that the new "RDS" stove, that adjusts the combustion fan speed based on the actual combustion airflow? Does it have a cast iron or stainless steel burn-pot?
Where did you buy the stove....and how much?
I have an Elena, 2009 model, without RDS.

Very interesting. I'd like a few more details as well. What does it sound like? How many BTUs?

Nice looking unit. Waiting to here more about the stove.

Lots of questions hehe!

It has the RDS system. It needs an initial calibration, that the installer didn't make, so the stove was bugging me (on the display) to adjust it. I found the way to perform it, with some google research, and proceeded. But I'm not totally sure that I have the right setting because the glass seem to become a tad dirtier, meaning a slightly rich combustion. The adjustment you do is to adjust the combustion fan RPM until the flame is to your liking, at maximum power (5/5). After a stabilisation period of time, the system will sample the actual air velocity for 2 minutes and save the average as your prefered air flow. This will now be the airflow target, and the system will even calculate the derated airflow when you use a lower combustion setting, ie 3/5.

This model is 35 000 btu with a 82% efficiency. Since it's European, those figures may not totally compares with north american standards of measure.

I'm not totally sure about the burn pot material, but it's thick and heavy. A chunk of metal!

I bought at a stove and fireplace store. It cost an arm and a leg! :) Stove + venting + delivery + installation + sale taxes (15%) amounted to around $3400 CDN. I'll submit this installation and another insulation job to a provincial tax credit program and should get back about 200$.

The combustion blower alone is very silent. It's less noisy than the ceiling fan on high. The exchanger fan have the kind of sound you can expect of most space heaters, but can be dialed down if you're willing to sacrifice some efficiency. Most annoying is the auger motor that vibrate some and make the stove panels vibrate sometime. When it's at worst, I nudge the stove a bit and it improves, but I still find this issue kinda sad for such an upscale product. In the course of the day, the noise will mix with other normal household sounds, but at nightime I think it'll be annoying some.

It's my first pellet stove, so I can't really compares with others brands and models.

It's not cold enough outside yet to burn more than an hour at a time, even on low power (1/5) but I think I'll like the heat very much when it's freezing outside!

Last edited:
Reactions: SwineFlue
Status
Not open for further replies.