my new but older lopi stove installation? square pipe connection?? cant find it anywhere!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbhoakct76

Sep 18, 2008
ct
well being on a budget - i found a used lopi insert cheap- over 10 yrs old but in great shape. fired up perfectly.
I was so happy i found a toasty deal ...untill - I started looking to hook it up - well ...
There is a square exhaust pipe on this unit (although the manual shows round) I have already looked all the local stores including hardware stores and contacted the lopi dealer along with every other dealer in the area- and can not find a sqaure pipe connection. They are all selling the standard round connections.
The lopi dealer said it was a b vent although i didnt find many b vents for pellet stoves. And they recommended I find a speacialty sheet metal shop to make the part - well i dont live very close to any sheetmetal shops but besides that im sure they would charge a small fortune.
Besides that i have come across tons of replacement exhaust fans for several different models that have a square exhaust connection. So there has to be a simple solution for this that im probley overlooking???
Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Its a lopi- 400PI.

Status
Not open for further replies.