my new ceilin fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
101_1491.jpg

Ok stop laughing. Excuse the dust....I am trying not to use our baseboard electric heat or our space heater in our bedroom which is right above the vent. I tried a floor van pointed up but it didn't really do anything. So I am trying this and I can atleast feel the some air coming up through. So we'll see...

What??? No duct tape???

I had one of those fans. Noisiest damn fan I've ever seen.

hey chrisasst.... hope ur couch aint below it........... ha...... :lol:

hey...... another thing you can do to get the air moving to the up stairs through that vent is to use another fan at the top of the upper floor stairwell to push the more dense cold air down the stairwell to the stove .....which will in turn will help push the lighter warm air up stairs through your vent and so on and will help to keep the cycle going.

I have a 18 inch honeywell fan I use at the top of my upper floor stairs pointing down the stairs to do this.... keeps the noise of the fan up stairs and away from our living room too..... cc :cheese:

Chris, just wonderin......why didn't you put the fan right up near the vent? Seems to me that you'll have a lot of air not making it through the vent, and just spilling off to the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.