My new Lopi Revere and brand new fireplace are done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecfinn

Dec 12, 2005
Ambler, PA
Hi everyone,

I've posted/learned a lot from this forum for the past year and its all finally come to a head in my living room. I'm the proud new owner of a Lopi Revere installed in a completely redone fireplace. Pics can be seen in this filmloop I setup. Special thanks for Roospike for bringing this cool technology to the hearth.com forum. I love it. It worked especially well to document all the steps in the process starting with demolition through the last piece of the surround panels.

Details can be seen here.

http://invite.filmloop.com/x?O2t9lmY9-R3XRvx/NOK2MnIf2VAWTMov

Let me know if anyone has any questions. Now all I gotta do is fire up a few break-in fires and start burning...

Later,

Eric (new to woodburning for heating purposes) Finn

Looks great! That was quite a project. I hope you're making a new loop of the break in fires.

Great "film loop" Eric . Glad you could share your new install with us, looks great !

Now you get a ........ FIRE IT UP!

Warren said:
WOW!!!! Really nice job. Let all the home owner install nay sayers eat much crow this day

That LOOOOOOOOKSS great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work. Nice stove. Nice kids. Just down right nice all the way around!

Looks good. Same stove we just installed.

Next year we'll need to add one of the baby gates too, so you beat me to that.

Our two girls (8 & 10) don't need it, but our baby on the way (due 12/13) will once he starts crawling around.

Let me know how you like it. I've found loading splits straight in works best for me. Also, be aware once your stove gets hot, you're supposed to (per my dealer) push in the air control to redirect air through the burn tubes for secondary burn.

Looks great - Hey, I wonder if we could embed any of this filmloop code and have the display show through a window here - instead of going to the site....

can someone post here or PM/email me the little code snippet that filmloop creates for posting into a web page or blog? I think they have a couple versions - smaller/bigger/flash..... send me one or two snippets and I'll give it a try.

The one thing I have against sites like filmloop is the question of what happens if they close down after they have millions of loops on them and linked in from other site?

It would be nice if the application created a "freestanding" filmloop file/folder that could be uploaded to any server....maybe it does (I'll download and check when I have time.)

Excellent install Eric and a lot of work. It looks great. Happy burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.