My new Mt. Vernon, I'm hot.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickemmys

Feb 6, 2007
My husband and I installed our new mt vernon today. We set the thermostat to start up mode and we saw a red glow. Waited a few minutes and nothing so we put a couple of hand fulls of pellets in the pot (didn't know if that was ok or if we were supposed to but it worked) and a few minutes later we had a flame. After that it just kept building and then the blower kicked on. What a sweet sound and now it has been burning on MAX for over two hours. The heat is unbelievable and we are very excited. So cross your fingers that we make it thru the night.

Stay warm.

Thanks for everyones support.

Normally there will be no need to manually put pellets in the pot. This is just because the stove was empty and nothing was in the auger. Read the directions, I think you'll find instructions for retriggering the auger if it runs out of pellets. Hope you'll post some pictures. I really like this stove.

You should make it through the night fine, though I'd probably have it on a lower heat setting. Just be sure to feed it in the morning. Expect to use 1.5 bags a day when on high.

Status
Not open for further replies.