My new MT Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpobldr

May 25, 2008
South Eastern Ma.
I just picked up my Mt. Vernon and installed it this weekend. Installation was very easy the hardest part was finding help to move this monster but we got it done with three people and a furniture dolly. I did test fire it last night after everyone left after our fathers day cookout just to see how it operated. My eight year old wated to add some logs to the fire at first till he saw what type of fuel it burns. He then went back to play with his Legos in front of the Mt. Vernon.

This morning our house was down to 60 deg so I decided to put it through the paces and I am impressed. The stove is located in our 16x20 family room just off our kitchen and dinette area. I installed the thermostat in the dinette area some 26 feet away fom the stove. I turned the thermostat on to 70 deg and in no time the family room was up to temperature and the thermostat was satisfied. The Mt. Vernon never went above medium on the blower and I could still sit in the family room and watch the morning news barely hearing the blower at all.

I know that the real test will come in October but so far i am impressed. For those of you who own the Mt. Vernon I am curious to know if you use the manual setting or the set back?

My co-worker is getting the Mt. Vernon.
I have ordered a P61A. I am very anxious to "Test" the stove.
As everyone knows, we have 2 Seasons in the Northeast.

Winter and 4th of July

So I will not have to wait long to check the heat output!
Glad to hear that you were nice and warm without burning oil!!

Status
Not open for further replies.