My new neighbour is smokily burning green wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're going to have a mess on our hands when the old fire-in-a-box type OWB's are banned and folks try to burn 12"x36" logs they cut yesterday in their new, expensive, gassifier OWB's.

For the original poster, here's my recommendation: there are special logs you can buy that are supposed to extinguish a chimney fire. When a chimney fire erupts, you thrown them in your stove or fireplace and they put the fire out. Buy one for your neighbor and tell him that when he gets a chimney fire, throw this log in there and he might have enough house left to salvage some pots and pans.

richg said:
For the original poster, here's my recommendation: there are special logs you can buy that are supposed to extinguish a chimney fire. When a chimney fire erupts, you thrown them in your stove or fireplace and they put the fire out. Buy one for your neighbor and tell him that when he gets a chimney fire, throw this log in there and he might have enough house left to salvage some pots and pans.
Ok, smarty, but how is one to keep the chimbley clean without a good weekly chimbley fire? Duh.

(Jake, if your are reading this, thanks for "chimbley," that still cracks me up)

I think this has played out. Good luck w/ the neighbor.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.