My new office...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
Finally got to splitting 2011-12. Took a break and a pic of the work station.

Attachments

• office.jpg
    office.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 520
I thought when one split vertical you had to sit on a milk crate? %-P

Nice tractor.

Shipper

Somethin tells me that chair's days are numbered. That much sunshine while you are splitting is a luxury this time of year.

Shipper50 said:

Nice tractor.

Shipper

I'm 6'4. If I sat on a milk crate my knees would be over my ears...lol

SolarAndWood said:
Somethin tells me that chair's days are numbered. That much sunshine while you are splitting is a luxury this time of year.

I know... 50-60's for the rest of the week here. Get it in while the gettin's good.

FireAnt said:

FireAnt nice setup, how much more wood do you have to split.

zap

Zap

I have a decent amount of work left. Cord wise I would say 3 still to do.

FireAnt said:
Zap

Good deal, do you think you'll get it done this winter.

zap

zapny said:
FireAnt said:
Zap

zap

I really hope to. I will work if the snow is down to though. That would= Splitter, bonfire, and bourbon.

FireAnt said:
zapny said:
FireAnt said:
Zap

zap

I really hope to. I will work if the snow is down to though. That would= Splitter, bonfire, and bourbon.

The splitter and bonfire could be dangerous, better just stick with the bourbon! :vampire:

zap

Thats it? Thats all you got where's the SAW"s lol

I still have to tackle this. I would rather be cutting... 460 sitting on the Cottonwood. That trunk is 75' and pretty much the same diameter all the way down. I need to split what I have got before I can cut again (discipline)... I have plenty of cutting to do...

Attachments

• 460a.jpg
    460a.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 366
FireAnt said:
I still have to tackle this. I would rather be cutting... 460 sitting on the Cottonwood. That trunk is 75' and pretty much the same diameter all the way down. I need to split what I have got before I can cut again (discipline)... I have plenty of cutting to do...

Now Your Talking! WOOOtWooooT

Monkey Wrench said:
FireAnt said:

I don't want to lose u. Put those R.O.P.'s back-up.

Nice set-up!!

Thanks!

I know... We park the tractor in the garage and have to flip them down. I was just moving a little ways to put the wood in a pile to be stacked. It's a lame excuse...I know...

I have a 2520 and a brown version of the same resin chair.
I split right next to where I'll be making a stack of splits though.

I only have a 026PRO I better cut those fast growing poplars down while I still can.

Shipper50 said:

Nice tractor.

Shipper

Well, some of us do Shipper. lol

Nice lot of wood and like the tractor.

Nice Bill! I usually split right by the stacks. I had to move due to wet conditions.

Thanks Dennis. My dad bought the property behind their house when someone was going t put a house on it. They said nobody could ever build on it due to the wetlands... Times have changed and they will put a house anywhere. It was all woods before but was cleaned out for the most part when they started to clear the land to make it a lot. It had a backfill driveway put in so it makes it nice to load and unload out of. My dad is putting a round pen in for his horse behind where the tractor is parked. The rest is for stacking and hopefully a nice size shed with wood shed!

Go Team Vertical! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.