1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

My new puppy

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by davmor, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davmor

davmor Member

Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    Here is a picture of my new Chocolate Lab puppy Sadie. Dave.

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. shawneyboy

shawneyboy New Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    Used to have a Chessi. Now have 2, a choc and yellow. They would run and play in the snow all freakin day if I let them !!! Enjoy the new addition to the family!
  3. davmor

davmor Member

Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    I have another Chocolate Lab, shes 10 years old, loves to play in the snow. I think this is her favorite time of the year. Dave.
  4. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Cute pic!
    Our chocolate is Abby and we got her a year ago last fall, along with another that is a yellow, Cooper.
    When the snow started falling last year, they had a blast in it chasing,....uh, retrieving, small squeaky footballs. It's still one of their favorite things to do.
    Cooper LOVES the water, and Abby kinda likes it.
  5. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Adorable and thanks for sharing!
    I'd have one of those cept I hate
    dog hair all over my house so
    I have a shih tzu instead.
  6. davmor

davmor Member

Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    PapaDave. where are you located "Upnorth" if you don't mind me asking. I also have barn/garage with a wood shop here in good old Higgins Lake. Be warm and safe. Dave.
  7. Badfish740

Badfish740 Minister of Fire

Nice looking dog-reminds me of last winter with Hank (10 weeks old in this pic):

[​IMG]

Enjoy it and take lots of pictures-they grow up before you know it.
  8. davmor

davmor Member

Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    Hanks beautiful. Yeah I know they grow fast. My oldest Lab doubled her weight almost everytime we took her in for her puppy shots. Be warm and safe. Dave.
  9. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Ha! Too cute. Keep her outside til she's worn herself out- you'll lose less shoes etc that way :)
  10. basswidow

basswidow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Milton GA
    I can't get my chocolate lab outside in the cold. She'd rather curl up infront of the stove. She hates the snow, doesn't swim, I think I got a lemon.
  11. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Your chocolate lab is "yellow"
  12. Badfish740

Badfish740 Minister of Fire

More pics!
  13. davmor

davmor Member

Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    You never know about them. My oldest loves the water and the snow, she loves rolling around in the snow. I think she has part otter in her. She will get up on the snow banks I make with my plow and slide on her back. Then again she loves being in the house by the fire. Dave.
  14. basswidow

basswidow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Milton GA
    She is yellow! Big chicken and doesn't act like a Lab at all. She acts more like a house cat.

She doesn't like the cold and she can't take the heat - stays inside for the A/C. She has alergies and her scent gland is awful. Always putting out a smell. $ 1100 to remove, she's not worth it.

After she eats in the morning - she'll walk around the yard and eat rabbit pellets. Chews up everything she can swipe.

You're pup is a cute one. Hope she's better then my mongrel dog!

Attached Files:

15. CALJREICH

CALJREICH New Member

Loc:
    PENNSYLVANIA
    Dogs are the best. I love them.
  16. bigtall

bigtall New Member

Loc:
    West Georgia
    Beautiful pup. I am very jealous!
  17. loon

loon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    ont canada
    your just kidding right?

loon
  18. CALJREICH

CALJREICH New Member

Loc:
    PENNSYLVANIA
    Check this out. #4 April 3rd, 2003, 07:42 AM
    petdr
    Administrator Join Date: Apr 2001

Dog's anal glands - bad smell - Answered by Dr. Slome

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are likely anal gland substance that he is secreting monthly - it IS really putrid. Some dogs get infections of these glands and cause them to build up content more quickly. Other dogs just have it periodically and there is nothing wrong. This is a natural repellant which is also a unique smell to each dog ( that is why dog's smell each others behinds). Sometimes people have these glands surgically removed if there is a chronic reoccuring infection or they just can't stand the smell.

Sorry. You can also try and get an animal odour eliminator from your veterinarian which at least will neutralise the smell within short time when sprayed on the anus area.

Martin Slome DVM

Centre Street Animal Hospital
    7700 Bathurst Street Units, 40-42
    Thornhill
    Ontario
    L4J 7Y3

Tel. (905) 771-9855
  19. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    nice dog. i used to have a black lab that loved to go for rides. i would jingle the keys to let her know what was about to happen. once, before i headed out on the cycle, i jingled the keys and she got ready to go for a ride. the bike was running and as i was on it ready to pull away, she looked so disappointed that the guilt laid in so i let go of the handle bars on one side and said "c'mon". the next thing i know, she jumped onto the seat, put her front paws on the gas tank and leaned back into me. well away we went with no problems at all. i didn't take her for too many rides like that but she sure enjoyed when i did! i have a dog lover now but her dog decided he lived long enough 3 years ago. i just can't convince her to get a lab so we are dogless...which isn't all that bad. sure frees you up during vacation time anyway. merry christmas, eh!
  20. davmor

davmor Member

Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    Thanks yooper, Labs do take lots of your time but they are wonderful loyal pets. This troll loves the U.P. takes many trips up even just for the day. Snowmobiling at its finest. Wife was born and raised up there. Stay warm. Dave.
  21. davmor

davmor Member

Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    Thanks yooper, Labs do take lots of your time but they are wonderful loyal pets. This trolll Love the U.P. takes many trips up even just for the day. Snowmobiling at its finest. Wife was born and raised up there. Stay warm. Dave.
  22. SmokinPiney

SmokinPiney Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    In the Pines, NJ
    Cute pup! I've got a 5yr old black that is right at my side everywhere i go. I left my other lab at my parents when i moved out because he turned into more of family dog than my own lol. But that ol boy is goin on 11 now and he's still full of energy.
  23. 91220da

91220da Member

Loc:
    Pocono's Pennsylvania
    I feed him, keep him warm, and safe. I let him sit on my side of couch and sleep on the bed, and this is how he responds when I say, "Bring me the ball". Mans best friend my A##!

Attached Files:

24. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY

True. But I bet he's always glad to see you !! It could be worse, you could have a fox terrier that is mega tennis ball OCD. Walmart has them the cheapest :coolsmirk:

To the OP, lovely pup..enjoy!!
  25. ColdNH

ColdNH Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bow, NH
    Nice, another chocolate lab puppy, LOVE em.

Duke loves the snow too, but so far we have barely even gotten a dusting this year. were both pissed off about that!

Duke did not like swimming at first but now i cannot keep him out of the water.

He does NOT like the truck at all on the other hand. hates the car with a passion, doesnt even matter if were going to the park or for a hike, he still hates it, gets anxious and drools and whines. poor guy.

He is my shadow

[​IMG]

He works against me when it comes to the stacks though, thinks all the wood is sticks for me to throw for him.

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.