My new shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwitham

Oct 29, 2012
Central Indiana
After hearing how brutal this winter is predicted to be I convinced the wife we needed another wood shed. So we threw this up in a day and a half and started filling it up it is 12'x8' and 8' tall in front to 7' in back. It has 5 pallets in it and wood is three rows deep on each pallet. So we have two 4x8 stacking areas and one 4x4 straight in. I have no idea how much wood it will hold but it is almost full and wood is stacked to the 7' height. It has one more board in height now than the pics show.

Attachments

• IMG_1295.JPG
    IMG_1295.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_1296.JPG
    IMG_1296.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_1297.JPG
    IMG_1297.JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 371
I would guess once this shed is completely full you would approximately 4.375 (based on your mention ox the two 4 x 8 sections and one 4 x 4 section stacked seven feet high) - 5.25 (based if the full 12 x 8 shed was stacked 7 feet high) cords of wood.

This is just an approximate figure due to the the variances in stacking, with space between stacks, etc.

In either case, it's a decent woodshed.

Very nice for throwing up in 1.5. You will love having a shed, it's the ultimate stack cover.

Lol thanks but she isn't nice, nothing is square or really level as its built on dirt basically where it sits. Barn #1 is much better built but at only 4x8 its doesnt hold much wood

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
nothing is square or really level as its built on dirt basically where it sits.

Doesn't need to be nice, as long as it is functional. My "shed" is similar like yours.

Same here fellas. It was a bit more square when first done, but not as much now. However, it gets the job done. Holds about 2 cords or about two months worth of burning for us. And no matter what, they look awesome filled with dry wood, just like yours.

Attachments

• IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 188
Doesn't need to be nice, as long as it is functional. My "shed" is similar like yours.

Agreed my wife stepped back from it after I had rafters and purlins up and she said its not square, my response was "baby its a wood shed".

Looks nice enough to me. Heck, you could wrap some Tyvek around that and call it a tiny house...

Status
Not open for further replies.