My New Shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanningjw

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2008
Plymouth, Minnesota
My new shed made with PVC roof 24 by 5.
DSC_0006-3.jpg

Lanning said:
DSC_0006-3.jpg

Nice job, how many face cord does it hold?

Zap

Not sure how many cords it holds. 128 square feet to a cord of wood. It took me a long time time to split and load, I had a splitter but had to move the wood up from the front yard where I unloaded my pickup. The first section is mostly dead oak that I had stacked this spring in another part of the yard. My girl told me to "get it moved" because it looked bad. She asked me if I was a hillbilly living in the suburbs? I said yes and proud to be one.....

I am proud to say that all this wood came from my tree cutter friends and a small tornado that came to south Minneapolis this summer. Ash, white and Chinese elm, black locust and hard maple came from the storm. Should be ready for 20010/2011. I got it all for free. It took many hours away from fishing and riding my Motorcycle......

Looks good.

zapny said:
Lanning said:
DSC_0006-3.jpg

Nice job, how many face cord does it hold?

Zap

Based on the 24x5 footprint and stacking 6 feet high, you should get roughly 5.5 cords in there if you pack it tight. A little less than 5 cord if you want to leave room between rows.

Great job Lanning!

Nice looking shed!! I meant to get one built this summer, but it looks like that's not gonna happen.......Oh well, it's not like we get a ton of rain here in Oregon in the winter.........!!!

NP

looks great, i think long sheds look better than square ones, not sure why i built mine almost square!! great job

Lanning said:
...riding my Motorcycle......

Not riding a Super X are you?

wendell said:
Lanning said:
...riding my Motorcycle......

Not riding a Super X are you?

no I am not. You should see the plant they put up to make that Bike. They got the tax payer to front the bill. I think it was a cool bike. How about you?

Had one but currently am X-less. I've been to the factory a number of times before it was all shut down. They are a great bike.

prairiefire said:
looks great, i think long sheds look better than square ones, not sure why i built mine almost square!! great job
Ja, I've said it before... wish I built mine twice as long and half as wide.

LLigetfa said:
prairiefire said:
Ja, I've said it before... wish I built mine twice as long and half as wide.

Well, I kinda had to do it that way. It is built along a privacy fence. I have been wait for it to rain to see if the rain stays out of the shed. I am just glad it is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.