My new (slightly used) saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingquad

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
Ported 550xp

Bought off of Tzed250 over at AS. Here's a vid:cool:

Yeah, but does it have flippy caps?

Nice saw. My 026 is a little jealous.

Very nice

That thing is rock'in. Not being overly familiar with the new ones, what is the cc's of that and the Factory vs. ported HP (guestimate).

That thing is rock'in. Not being overly familiar with the new ones, what is the cc's of that and the Factory vs. ported HP (guestimate).
It's 50cc. There is a pretty lengthy thread on this saw over on AS. I think the final timed cut #'s showed a 25% gain over stock. That's cutting cookies though. The muffler is modded, but the porting is actually very mild. Minimal work done on the intake and exhaust. The transfers were reshaped slightly. The cylinder base was shaved to bump up the compression. Probably more to be had if someone went to work on the intake and exhaust, but I'm not worried about it. The 365xt will probably get modded this summer though.

Reactions: Jags
550XP is supposed to be a helluva runner right out of the box. I'm curious if it's long-term reliability/longevity is similar to the 346XP, time will tell. But I'm very impressed with what I see so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.