My new splitter home.. (so far)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay H

Nov 20, 2006
NJ
http://picasaweb.google.com/cycleslugyahoo/Projects#

I am in the middle of remoding my bathroom, in order to get the sheetrock home, I needed some 2x4s to use as a standoff with my BIL's work van which has only space for 46" wide between the workshelfs so I thought I'd pick up some pressurized wood with the intention of making a woodshed frame for my wood. however, sunday afternoon, I was "summerizing :)" my Troy Bilt splitter after splitting the last rounds of spring and thought I'd use the wood I got for this since I know I wont be able to build the wood shed until I finish my bathroom remodel which is going to be awhile. So I spent sunday using the wood to build a frame next to my shed. I need to get some plywood and some shingles to roof it but for now, it has a tarp on top. I also need to get 2 more 2x4s to add a load bearing member to the shed side since I don't want to use the shed as complete support for the shed since the shed is old, thin aluminum. But I enjoyed that little spur of the moment project, all I need to buy was two angle joists to mount the 2x4s to the shed and I was good to go.

Jay

Simple yet effective. I will be doing something similar off the side of my house for the splitter, snow blower and lawn tractor...

Yup, like to keep things simple. I am thinking of just using some picket fencing for the back and sides, just to prevent prying eyes. I think that would look nice after I get the roofing done.

Oh, there's also some pictures of my bathroom in that photo album, that I took in the same timeframe. Still keeping it simple, as opposed to two separate albums. :)

Jay

Where I live the plastic tarp is considered a permanent roof. You just need some duct tape for proper flashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.