My New Stove (Furnace) Endurance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

Finally got my New "to me" Used Fahrenhiet Furnace. And FINALLY learned how to attach proper size photo to this Forum. Not good with comp. Cleaned it all last night and about 8 hrs this morning till the evening. When the gentleman started it for me, I knew it was "Plugged". Flame was lazy, sooty. Said it didn't work like it did last winter. He thought it was BROKE, so he sold it to me with all the duct work he had, Back Draft dampers, Cold Air Return, and 17' worth of pipe. He had almost $6,600 in receipts he gave me from last December. Sold it to me for $2,000!!! After over 12 hrs of scrapping and cleaning.. She is burning like a champ. Its still in my garage, so more pics to come once its hooked up.

Attachments

• IMG00151-20110123-1634.jpg
    IMG00151-20110123-1634.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG00155-20110123-1722.jpg
    IMG00155-20110123-1722.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 386
Yep, it's just amazing what some cleaning will do. Too bad the previous owner obviously didn't think that was too important.

Enjoy the heat, and post more pics when it's fully installed.

He had a REALLY NICE house.. $100,000 vehicles.. He really thought it was broke. Asked him how often he cleaned it, and his reply was "Dealer siad I just gotta keep the hopper full". LOL. . . Oh well, his loss. My gain. Kinda felt bad. Just till I got it in my truck and on the way home.

Looks to be in great shape, you'll get lots of heat out of it. Heats my entire 2500 sq. ft. house with ease (ducted into the great room) on Level 2/3 (out of 5), very efficient pellet burner, couldn't be happier with it. You got a great bargain.

OUtstanding! Was that the one on Craigslist? Love to hear your opinion once it's running for a while as I am considering a furnace.

Yes ohbix, it was the one on Craigslist in Wellington. It was only 9 miles away from the house. Which made it an even better deal. The dealer that mine was bought from has 2 they are selling. They are also on Craigslist. In Oberlin, Oh. C & C, they are selling out there stock at a reduced price. One of them has a diffuser on it, the other is a working display that he may sell pretty cheap. Only had it running yesterday for about 2 hrs in my 3 car garage, and did an outstanding job.
Yes Smokey, a Clean stove is a VERY Happy Stove.. Only way I would have it. LOL

I didn't know how to become a member of the "Club" (pellet pigs). I had thought that you had to pay your time. Well after a post I read yesterday, and upon doing a little search after that. I found out you have to pay time and "Dues". LOL. I was wondering if I could be worthy enough of PIG status. (Typing while finishing cleaning the stove) have burnt almost 4 tons this year, have about 1 left. And getting 5 more this week. Going to go to Home Depot right after dinner to pick up the 1st of 5.
This is my 3rd season burning and every year the obsession gets worse. Been a 5 ton year since its inception, and with this new Furnace its only gonna get worse. (Paid almost $4,000 to LP man a year)
I stumbled across this magnificent site a few months ago while reading reviews. Was looking into purchasing a 2nd stove. (Another baby on the way). Which as you can tell by the pics above, 2nd stove has been bought. The wife thinks I'm obsessed, I call it "my time".
I guarantee I have met all criteria, hurt my vehicle, myself, have always had my pellet stash long before it gets cold (first frost). Getting next yrs stash this week.
As I sit here watching the stove fire back up, I'm wondering if you can find it in you (Kinsmanstoves (eric), imacman (pete), (j-takeman too) to Grant me my wings. I don't want to be the guy to just right that passage in my Signature. So if you guys are out there. What do ya think? Am I "Pig" enough for you?? Thanks for the time and consideration.
Kenis

What out for what you ask for.

I've heard rumors that they come in the middle of the night and take some pellets for dues payment.

I think that that you might as well deserve the title.....I know I'm on my way too, but to soon......I plan on buying about 8 tons in the near future...I want 2 heating seasons in my basement...basically my own pellet shoping man if you want to call it that

DexterDay said:
What the.....??? I'm missing a half ton. Who the...???

Maybe you need a few of these around your stash. Copy and paste to view.

cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/1143446400/_i/11098800/1.jpg

DexterDay said:
I didn't know how to become a member of the "Club" (pellet pigs). I had thought that you had to pay your time. Well after a post I read yesterday, and upon doing a little search after that. I found out you have to pay time and "Dues". LOL. I was wondering if I could be worthy enough of PIG status. (Typing while finishing cleaning the stove) have burnt almost 4 tons this year, have about 1 left. And getting 5 more this week. Going to go to Home Depot right after dinner to pick up the 1st of 5.
This is my 3rd season burning and every year the obsession gets worse. Been a 5 ton year since its inception, and with this new Furnace its only gonna get worse. (Paid almost $4,000 to LP man a year)
I stumbled across this magnificent site a few months ago while reading reviews. Was looking into purchasing a 2nd stove. (Another baby on the way). Which as you can tell by the pics above, 2nd stove has been bought. The wife thinks I'm obsessed, I call it "my time".
I guarantee I have met all criteria, hurt my vehicle, myself, have always had my pellet stash long before it gets cold (first frost). Getting next yrs stash this week.
As I sit here watching the stove fire back up, I'm wondering if you can find it in you (Kinsmanstoves (eric), imacman (pete), (j-takeman too) to Grant me my wings. I don't want to be the guy to just right that passage in my Signature. So if you guys are out there. What do ya think? Am I "Pig" enough for you?? Thanks for the time and consideration.
Kenis

3 tons hauled in the pellet hauler before 1st frost of the season. 4 tons if delivered.

2 stoves are a plus which adds stars.

I'll vote you in! :) Others????

Status
Not open for further replies.