My new stove is in! Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stanleyjohn said:
Well!It was more work than i thought but its done.Now i can breakin the stove.

Looks good Stan.. Simple solution to a complex problem.. If I ever need to extend my bluestone hearth I may do what you did..

Ray

That came out mint.....good job

SJ, I think you did a very fine job with that...solved the problem and complemented the installation. Nicely done. Rick

Thanks for all the nice and constructive comments!A great crew here at hearth dot com.

Looks great. I need to do the exact same thing - my setup is similar, though I need to come out 18" (3 - 6" tiles). What did you use under the tile? What was stopping you from just going right on top of the existing floor?

The only thing missing now is a picture of it blasting away !

WoodButcher

J-Man said:
Looks great. I need to do the exact same thing - my setup is similar, though I need to come out 18" (3 - 6" tiles). What did you use under the tile? What was stopping you from just going right on top of the existing floor?

At first i thought about putting it over the floor but decided against it because i wanted it to be even with the floor if possible.It was more work but in the end i thought i made the right decision.Area adjacent to the hearth was pretty uneven so used a patch and level mix to smooth and level the area then did abit of sanding before i was able to put down the tile.Im hoping to get a blazing fire pic of the stove!Tried it once but came out very poor!think it was the flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.